• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo some of auto adjustments
I am a newbie to this forum with a unique problem.  The "auto" feature overdoes the beautifying for my subjects who like myself are residents of a senior facility.  They are not people with glowing skin, as you can imagine.  What would you suggest are the best program features to work with to undo some of automatic over correction?  Also, it seems that there is a tendency for the chin area to be shortened too much and the result is an overly rounded face which I cannot easily correct for by adjusting the cheek to chin lines.

PS - I am not a pro, although in my early years I was a commercial photographer dealing with products not people.

Hi Edes,

I hope you have actually found the solution by now! Anyway, I suggest that you play with the "Controls", ie, Face Sculpt and Skin Smoothing. Just drag the Master Fade slider to the left of the respective control. For more refined adjustment, you can drag the respective slider left or right under the Master Fade.

(02-12-2018, 09:50 PM)edes Wrote: I am a newbie to this forum with a unique problem.  The "auto" feature overdoes the beautifying for my subjects who like myself are residents of a senior facility.  They are not people with glowing skin, as you can imagine.  What would you suggest are the best program features to work with to undo some of automatic over correction?  Also, it seems that there is a tendency for the chin area to be shortened too much and the result is an overly rounded face which I cannot easily correct for by adjusting the cheek to chin lines.

PS - I am not a pro, although in my early years I was a commercial photographer dealing with products not people.

To remove all automatic enhancements, simply click "Reset To Original Image" under the Presets tab.

Thanks for your help William and Erika. Both hints will probably be very helpful. The Preset /Reset function I suspect will also be useful if I want to add a few more tweaks to a photo that has already gone through ringer once and then gets the full treatment when I open it a second time.