• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it worth updating from V15 to V17 of portrait pro?
Hi There,

Could someone tell me if its worth updating from Version 15 to version 17 of Portrait Professional Studio.
I'm pretty happy with V15 and don't really see any new features that are worth paying to upgrade for.
Any thoughts or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance

Graphic1972 Smile

(09-21-2017, 01:20 AM)graphic1972 Wrote: Hi There,

Could someone tell me if its worth updating from Version 15 to version 17 of Portrait Professional Studio.
I'm pretty happy with V15 and don't really see any new features that are worth paying to upgrade for.
Any thoughts or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance

Graphic1972 Smile

I updated the version yesterday.
These are my first observations:
1.1. Slightly slower than the previous version. Probably because of all the previews it creates to anticipate the effect.
2.2. Applying the various presets often results in artifacts on the skin that are very ugly to see, a sort of posterisation or noise. I do not like that.
3.3. I think the presets have to be reviewed, there is something that doesn't convince me.
4.4. I have not seen the possibility of managing an eye only in case one is covered by the hair (high demand functionality but apparently not listened to)
5. the ability to change the background is nice but depends very much on the contrast of the original photo compared to what is behind, you risk getting worse.

In summary: the product is nice, but I can't see big differences. I really do so in the prox days. But what worries me is the skin artifacts that appear using some presets. It is possible that the combination of several effects may not be perfectly balanced.
Note
In my tests I used the plugin with Photoshop CC 2017,30-40 MB RAW file.

I jumped from V15 to V17 and after an hour of comparing, I upgraded:

1. Shin removal is doing a good job
2. Live facial point adjustment is now a lot faster
3. Makeup improvement
4. Background replacement is good but it is really meant for those who shoot green, blue and gray screen. Like any other software, complicated and non contrasting background will give you a lot of work. I found that PP is doing a very job with picture taken meant for background replacement.