• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying PP
Question 
Hi everyone. Here's my question... I stalled too long buying PP due to family obligations and the price went up to $59.95. I did find it for $39.96 on another site,
https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi ,
but am wondering if it is a legit site? I really want the program, but want to buy it safely and for the best price that I can.

Thank you

Hi there,

Regnow are currently selling the old version of Portrait Professional, (version 4), which is why the price is lower. If you buy from our website, you will get the latest version (version 5).

Tony

Oh, did not realize. What are the biggest differences between 4 and 5? And if i get 5, I will be getting the upgrades as they become available? Thank you for your response.

admin Wrote:Hi there,

Regnow are currently selling the old version of Portrait Professional, (version 4), which is why the price is lower.  If you buy from our website, you will get the latest version (version 5).

Tony

The main differences between version 4 and 5 are described here. If you buy version 5 you would get free upgrades to minor versions 5.1 etc, but not to version 6.0.

Tony

Be careful. Now that version 8 is out, you can find a "good deal" at RegNow but it turns out that it is version 6 they're selling. There is no way for you to know that until you pay and download. I'm in the process of trying to get a refund so that I can get version 8. In the meantime, I can't use the version 6 that I downloaded because if I launch the program I have to "activate" it and then they would be able to say that I've already used the program and have a valid reason to not refund my money.
RegNow also doesn't inform the buyer that they do NOT get free minor upgrades if purchased from them.
I'm teaching a portrait retouching class and I wanted to show them this fabulous program that would speed up their work compared to using photoshop for simple retouching, but I'm pretty much at a full stop waiting to see what will happen with the refund. I'm very frustrated about it. If I don't get a refund I'm going to find every user board that I can and warn them about RegNow selling old software. It doesn't seem right to me though I do take full responsibility for not verifying the version number before buying it. I'm usually right on top of things like this, but this one got by me. I realize that they are not really obligated to refund in this particular case since I had an obligation to know what I was buying. But it sure will be good public relations if they do.

RegNow has refunded my money and I can now purchase the full version 8. I'm very pleased.