Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: "Save" button??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to the Mac version of PP 10 Studio Edition, got my token, activated my license, upgrade installed just fine.

I opened PP to edit a portrait session that I shot a couple of weeks ago, and I proceeded to the final step. I looked everywhere for the "Save" button - supposed to be at the top right, but the only menu option that showed up was to edit another face in the photo. Since there was only one face in the photo, it didn't make any sense for me to go through the entire process again.

The only way I found was to go to "File - Close & Return" which saved the file, however it shut down the program after it was done saving. What happens when I have 10 images to re-touch? It's not very intuitive, and it reminds me of the "Smart" ATM machine that my bank just installed...

...that can only handle one transaction, and after each transaction you have to re-insert your card and PIN to continue.

Not a fan of the "No SAVE" button.
Hi there,

Several other people have found this confusing, so we are going to change it. Just to reassure you: you only get the option to close and return in plugin mode, where you must load pictures in Photoshop (or whatever your plugin is in). Otherwise you get the normal save options in the file menu.

Re:Saving

Sorry for the confusion, that tool tip is not displaying the right text, we will fix that ASAP. That button has been changed since the last version to just be for moving onto another face in the same image, that's why canceling it returns you to the same place. All the other functionality that was under that button was replicated elsewhere.

To clarify, when you want to save your changes at the end of adjusting, simply pick a save option from the file menu (as you would in most other software).

+ If you are using PP as a plug in, choose the "Close & Return" option (because it closes PP and returns to Photoshop).

+ If you are using PP as standalone software, there are several save options in the file menu. The most common thing would be to save a Jpg or a Tiff. A session is PP's own file format, which allows you to re-adjust sliders later.

This has been discussed on a couple of other threads:

Another thread about save functionality

And another

Tony
Hi everyone,

A new release of PP has been made that reverts the naming of the exit option in plugin mode back to what it was before and also reverts the "Next" button to its previous functionality.  To get it, go to "Check for Updates" in the help menu.

Tony
admin Wrote:Hi everyone,

A new release of PP has been made that reverts the naming of the exit option in plugin mode back to what it was before and also reverts the "Next" button to its previous functionality.  To get it, go to "Check for Updates" in the help menu.

Tony

Thanks for listening and bringing the feature back!! Just downloaded v10.1 and I enjoy using the software again!