Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: 1st photo edit with Version 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This Portrait Professional software is fantastic! Here's my first shot at using Version 10. The only thing left to resolve is a mistake I made taking the original photo; The dark shadow under her nose which resulted from the way I had the flash oriented in relation to the lens.

Before [Image: 5394366589_2b7daace74_z.jpg]
MAC_1728 by MacAoda8, on Flickr

After [Image: 5393464608_2f50de0e9a_z.jpg]
MAC_1728_pp by MacAoda8, on Flickr

[Image: 5391845022_63b619a566_z.jpg]
MAC_1728_pp (sq) by MacAoda8, on Flickr
The eyes & teeth whitening came out well but the "after" face looks too false/plastic IMHO
Too much softening of the skin and the eyes need more "sparkle", i.e., there are no catch lights/ light reflection in them. The hair appear too "sharp" compared to the overly smooth face.
In my view, FAR FAR too much softening, lightning, etc. Doesn't even look like the same person.
This is way to far...PP is made for just that little bit extra or for something really special....This is not even real...
The way she looks now scared me off :-)
Completely overdone.
I agree way too much editing magic. Looks more like something I'd see in a video animation.
I dont like the color change and totally overdone.
Salisbury Wrote:The eyes & teeth whitening came out well but the "after" face looks too false/plastic IMHO

I don't think so.  The teeth are over-whitened.  Look at the sharp looking edge at the bottom of the teeth.  The whites of the eyes are over-whitened too.  This would be ok for a story illustration, but not a portrait.