Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: 1st attempt now that I'm a grandma! please let me know what you think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Iris Paddison

My first attempt at PP, please let me know if I have gone too far?!?! Wink
I do live abroad so have a natural tan and my teeth (new bridges) really are that white so didn't mess with them xx
Looks a little oversmoothed, but without seeing the original, it's difficult to say. She certainly looks like a young Granny! lol

Malcolm
I Agree...hard to say if it is too much without seeing the original....the neck skin doesn't match up with the face ....try extending the skin area to include the neck. You are very lovely.
Iris, very nice photo, but I agree, I think you've gone a little too far. But not bad for 1st attempt. A bit more practice in making the image a little less plasticy imo.
Retouching is an art...although PP makes it quicker and easier. You really need to know what to touch up, how much, and where. If I look at a photo and it is obvious that touch ups occurred in it, I don't enjoy it. Wrinkles and scars are a part of life, and should not be taken away, even in touch ups. They should be carefully dealt with and softened to bring out the parts of the face that you want the viewer to notice (i.e. eyes). I would like to see you work on this photo again and see peoples reactions to lighter using of PP.