Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: Color managment issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm a new user and I'm very fascinated by PP - it's an owesome piece of software! However, I have one problem. I get different color representation when the same file is opened in Photoshop and PP. In Photoshop it looks more saturated, and when opened in PP it looks less saturated.

It looks like PP is using different color management strategies than Photoshop - I guess general color management settings in Windows might be involved.

I also notice a problem when pasting images that enter the memory through the print screen command. Theylooks more saturated after pasting.

Can these two problems be associated?

As I'm not an expert in color management, could anyone help me solve this problem?
Hi EnfoGreg,

If you are using a Studio or Studio Max edition of Portrait Pro, can you open the stand-alone program of PP > File > Settings > Colors > select the same color profile you use in Photoshop
(01-13-2015, 02:25 PM)AngAT Wrote: [ -> ]Hi EnfoGreg,

If you are using a Studio or Studio Max edition of Portrait Pro, can you open the stand-alone program of PP > File > Settings > Colors > select the same color profile you use in Photoshop

Hmmm... I have the standard edition. Does it mean that only the higher editions are color managed? Isn't it a serious flaw for a graphics program?

So my only option is to upgrade to the Studio edition?

It is well worth the upgrade to be able to work with the raw files w/o LR or PS, let alone the other advantages (IE LR plugin.)

Hi EnfoGreg,

Perhaps, I would encourage you to download the Studio Max version and give it a go. If you think it is worth the upgrade, then you will feel easier to justify the upgrade.
I would have tried other editions, but on the website only the basic version is available to download as a trial. Is there anywhere else where I can try Studio and Studio Max?
(01-16-2015, 12:23 AM)EnfoGreg Wrote: [ -> ]I would have tried other editions, but on the website only the basic version is available to download as a trial. Is there anywhere else where I can try Studio and Studio Max?

The trial version is the standard version.
I would suggest you purshase the Studio version.
PP offers a no Quibble Guarantee
Full money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/buy/studio/
Well, I bought the Studio version. There's no problem with color management any more. A truely stunning piece of software. Thanks a lot to the developers!
I am happy to hear that there is no more issue! Have joy in using the software!