Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: What does "No limit on image size" mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i've read that only the studio 64 version has " No limit on image size".

What does this mean exactely?

Pixel or file size?

Thanks,
Beta
I know that higher pixel will surely bring the system to a halt!
what are "higher" pixels exactely?
I would say file size but in some ways that all relates to resolution (higher pixel size as you state) the higher the resolution the larger the file size generally.

Also file type makes a different e.g. JPGs are smaller file sizes then RAW files at the same resolution.

So if PPs claims are true the limitation would be what your computer can cope with which in the main would be dependant on the amount of memory in your computer.

Other factors as well but this is the main one

No size limit would also be due to the pixel count of the camera sensor. basically, a sensor above 20 meg.
No concrete answers till now...

Again: What does "No limit on image size" exactely (!) mean?
(09-14-2012, 03:47 PM)Beta Wrote: [ -> ]No concrete answers till now...

Most imaging programs are limited to the amount of RAM that is used by the OS. Windows XP and Windows 7 32bit have a maximum memory limit of 4 GB.
Since Windows 7 64 does not have that limitation, PP 64 does not either and hence the unlimited image size.
Also, newer cameras with FF sensors with 20 mpix or more generate very large tiff files and this is where the PPPro version come into play.
(09-14-2012, 03:47 PM)Beta Wrote: [ -> ]No concrete answers till now...

I think the answers have been very explanatory.

If you want it in basic terms it means if you open a picture in PP you will not be told. 'This image is too big for Portrait Professional'

It means both file size and/or physical image size. So whether it is a 10Mb file or a picture the size of a big poster it will work in PP

Don't know how to explain it any simpler.

And no offence, if you are a photographer, which I am guessing most people on here are you should understand the idea of image size.