Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: problem installing full version after trial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After trial version, I am having trouble to install full version on my mac book pro laptop. It sad that newer software already installed on the hard drive and I have to choose a different destination. I tried to delete trail version from application folder without and then with restart of the notebook, but the message is the same. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
The trial and full editions of the software have different program names, so there should be no conflict and I don't see how this could have happened unless there was actually a newer version of the full software installed.

However to fix the problem of reverting back to an old install of software on a Mac is rather a long-winded process - if anyone has a better way of doing this please let me know, but here is my method:

From the Finder view click on your boot disk, normally called "Macintosh HD". Then click on the Library, and then Receipts. Now scroll down and look for anything starting with the name "PortraitProfessional" and move it to the Trash.

This should fix the problem, and the Mac will now allow you to install an older version of the software.

Gary
Thank you much, it worked!