Portrait Pro Forums

Full Version: My Second Post - Kate X 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kate X 3

Here are three versions of the same photo of my lovely niece Kate, taken as a quick snapshot with a digital compact - a Sony DSC-W130.

The original photo is good enough for most purposes, but I felt some touch up was needed to make it even better.

As you can see in second photo, Portrait Professional did an outstanding job of enhancing Kate's natural good looks. It transformed an ordinary snapshot portrait into a picture that comes close to being a glamor shot. Most notably, it was able to smooth her skin, eliminate blemishes, and distribute an even coloration across her face, all the while maintaining the natural texture of her skin. As if that wasn't enough, I was also able to widen her eyes and gently reshape her face. All of this took less than five minutes. With my regular editing software, this precise and tedious work would have taken at least two hours.

In the third photo, I was able to use the time I had saved with Portrait Professional to add some additional effects with my regular software. In this case, I added softening and darkening to the edges and background.

Your comments are most welcome.
I thought these were a great example of the 'power' of PP. I could see those changes easily in the image. Good examples!
j.
Thanks Jody
jmaxjpeg Wrote:
Kate X 3

Here are three versions of the same photo of my lovely niece Kate, taken as a quick snapshot with a digital compact - a Sony DSC-W130.

The original photo is good enough for most purposes, but I felt some touch up was needed to make it even better.

As you can see in second photo, Portrait Professional did an outstanding job of enhancing Kate's natural good looks. It transformed an ordinary snapshot portrait into a picture that comes close to being a glamor shot. Most notably, it was able to smooth her skin, eliminate blemishes, and distribute an even coloration across her face, all the while maintaining the natural texture of her skin. As if that wasn't enough, I was also able to widen her eyes and gently reshape her face. All of this took less than five minutes. With my regular editing software, this precise and tedious work would have taken at least two hours.

In the third photo, I was able to use the time I had saved with Portrait Professional to add some additional effects with my regular software. In this case, I added softening and darkening to the edges and background.

Very good work... I was especially pleased to see that you used a great Corel product for the finishing touches. I have been a beta site for many years for the Corel products and feel they are as good and easier than the competing Adobe products... My $.02
oohejroo Wrote:
jmaxjpeg Wrote:
Kate X 3

As you can see in second photo, Portrait Professional did an outstanding job of enhancing Kate's natural good looks.  It transformed an ordinary snapshot portrait into a picture that comes close to being a glamor shot.  Most notably, it was able to smooth her skin, eliminate blemishes, and distribute an even coloration across her face, all the while maintaining the natural texture of her skin.  As if that wasn't enough, I was also able to widen her eyes and gently reshape her face.  All of this took less than five minutes.  With my regular editing software, this precise and tedious work would have taken at least two hours.

In the third photo, I was able to use the time I had saved with Portrait Professional to add some additional effects with my regular software.  In this case, I added softening and darkening to the edges and background.

Very good work... I was especially pleased to see that you used a great Corel product for the finishing touches. I have been a beta site for many years for the Corel products and feel they are as good and easier than the competing Adobe products... My $.02

I agree with you 100 percent. I particularly like Paint Shop Pro and have used it for many years. Along with Portrait Professional, they work together extremely well.