• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PPS and PS CS5
Question 
Hello to all,

I downloaded the trial version of PPS to give it a test drive first my needs is to use it in my Photoshop workflow. What do I have to do to get it to show up in Photoshop?

What's the best workflow to use this software with Photoshop?

Thanks in advance.

You need Portrait Professional Studio to use the plugin, which can be downloaded from PortraitProfessionalStudio.com. We also have some frequently asked questions about using the plugin with other software.

Tony

Thanks for the reply

I downloaded portrait professional studio trial version 10.1 the installation did not give me the option to install as a plug-in for Photoshop, just the standalone application. Do I need to purchase the full version in order to see how it works with Photoshop?

My plan is to incorporate your software in my Photoshop workflow is it possible to have PPS retouch as a separate layer?

Thanks~Sam

admin Wrote:You need Portrait Professional Studio to use the plugin, which can be downloaded from PortraitProfessionalStudio.com.   We also have some frequently asked questions about using the plugin with other software.

Tony

Hi Sam,

Currently the trial version does not come with a plug-in to Photoshop, however this is something we're currently working on, so in the next release the trial will include the plug-in. That version should be out in a few weeks.

The plug-in operates on your current layer, so you can duplicate your current layer then edit it in Portrait Professional and you will end up with both your original and your touched up version in two separate layers.

Let me know if you've got any other questions,

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Sold .. you answer my question now am wondering if you could convert the layer to Smart object. If it's not I hope you consider this feature in the next release.

Do I have to uninstall the trial version in order to install the full version?
Thanks,

Hi Sam

You don't have to uninstall the trial to install the full version (unless you want to free up the modest amount of disk space it takes up!). We don't currently support the Smart object feature. You can save Portrait Professional session files to go back and tweak later when using it as a standalone application, but I believe most people don't use this feature as it's quick to get everything right on your first go.

Tony

Tony,
great I already downloaded the full version and give it a try soon.

Thanks, Sam

Hi Tony.

Sorry to bother you again but I can't figure this one out ..

The software will not give me the option to install it as a plug-in, it's not their as FAQ implied in the link you posted!!

I checked the version I bought it the correct version. But it will only install as stand-alone application and that's totally opposite of what trying to do.

Your help will what is it be appreciated.

Sam

Okay, I reread the FAQ it was my mistake now I installed PPS and at the preference which went okay to get proper PS plug-in folder. I got a message successfully installed in the end.

Closed and restarted Photoshop but still does not show up in the filter menu. What is it I'm doing wrong??

Okay, for some reason it was not putting the plug in file in the ps plugin folder .. had to do it manually it works :-)