• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using With Windows 7 64 bit
All our windows products will work with windows 7 64 bit.

To upgrade to the latest version of Portrait Professional go to check for updates in the help menu. Unless you bought it recently you wont be eligible for a free update.

Tony

admin Wrote:All our windows products will work with windows 7 64 bit.

To upgrade to the latest version of Portrait Professional go to check for updates in the help menu.   Unless you bought it recently you wont be eligible for a free update.

Tony

Tony, I don't think you understand what I am asking. Your company donated version 9 to us and I am asking for your company to donate a license for version 10 to us.

Please advise if you will do this.

Thank you,
Henry

Salisbury Wrote:...
I've just read a long, self promoting review of Craig's Actions (Beauty Bar) which have recently won accolades at some photographic show in the US.  Portrait Professional does in the blink of an eye what Craig's Actions takes forever !  Notably, comparisons drawn with other software didn't include PP.  Portraiture, Photoshop and one other (which slips my memory at present).
If you're not familiar with his stuff you can read about it here  http://www.craigsactions.com/

Hello, I usually just skip through forums, but felt compelled to sign in on this, as we use a variety of programs and find that the Beauty Bar above works fabulously, and is something that we are very happy with. The review in question is written by a commercial photogra[her from California, who knew nothing about the Craig's Actions sets, but then independently reviewed them to be considerably faster than Portraiture. The Hot one award is no small feat to achieve as it is by an independent Judging panel through the Professional Photographer magazine and PPA. We don't use face shape changing techniques, so those techniques and plugins are not really of use to us.

Perhaps a better way to look at comparisons is through an answer that Craig himself gave when my husband and I  were at his booth at WPPI... someone asked him about other specific Actions and Plug Ins (I'll skip names) and he was a bit uncomfortable and wouldn't speak badly of others (must be a canadian thing), and then said that " in a working environment, it is never a bad thing to have more than one tool at your disposal, and if a set of tools makes you money then they are always a good investment" ...  he actually got a bit of applause at the time, because someone was trying to get him to talk down about other stuff, and he wouldn't go there... Not bad for someone whose program has been the recipient of very highly respected praise and reviews from magazines everywhere. Actions have no systems hassles ( such as discussed here), rarely need upgrades, and we are able to process many sessions together in just minutes, and images on their own, that are client ready to go in seconds - just as Shutterbug magazine recently described them.

just my .02 cents Smile

- Kate