• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need 64 bit?
I have windows 7 64 bit and I use photoshop CS5 64 bit. I do understand that the 32 and 64 bit versions will work on my Windows 7 64 bit OS. However what about the photoshop plugins? My understanding is that when I'm using the 64 bit version of photoshop CS5, I need to have a 64 bit plugin. Is this correct? My old 32 bit plugins from other vendors won't work in the 64 bit photoshop; I had to purchase updates. Yes, it's true that Adobe included a 32 bit version of PS-CS5 but I don't use it, the 64 bit is faster IMHO.

So do I need to 64 bit version to get it to work as a plugin photoshop CS5 64bit?

Thanks

Hi,

If you are using 64 bit Photoshop then you need to install the 64 bit PortraitProfessional plugin for Photoshop. It doesn't matter if you only have the 32 bit version of PortraitProfessional Studio. This will launch from the 64 bit plugin and work fine, but at the speed and performance of a 32 bit application. Launching PortraitProfessional from the 64 bit plugin does not make it into a 64 bit application. The 64 bit plugin is needed so that it can work with the 64 bit Photoshop.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Thanks. That makes sense. I did go ahead and buy the 64 bit version even though it was no necessary. It seems much faster.

I would like to know how much faster it runs the the standard 32bit version. At 2x the price I would like to see a benchmark or something reputable.

(04-19-2011, 01:54 AM)rcordero Wrote: I would like to know how much faster it runs the the standard 32bit version. At 2x the price I would like to see a benchmark or something reputable.

me too. how much faster is the 64?

Josh Hunt
(link removed) Moderator