• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Color Profile
Hello,
I am not sure if this is a bug in PP Studio or what but when I open image in PPS first thing I notice is that there is a color shift between original image and the image in PPS window! after going through all the steps and saving the image I see that my final saved image has lost its color profile. On the other hand if I open the same image in Photoshop and then use PPS as a plug-in final saved image keeps its color profile!! I use Mac Pro with 10.6
I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this. I have sent email to support but I have received nothing back!! Thanks
to update: I got reply back from support but issue has not been resolved yet.

hello morad

I am experiencing the opposite of what you have. I use PPS V10 as a plugin to Lightroom 3 under Windows and the TIFF file goes across to PPS with the same color. After all the enhancements are done in PPS, I press save and return and when the file opens in Lightroom the color is diferent with a slight green/yellow color cast that gives the image an artificial look. Tried using sRGB, ProPhoto and Adobe color profiles with the same results.

Discovered that the shift in color cast only happens when I start processing the second face in the same photo in PPS. Color is identical pre PPs and post PPS if only one face is worked on. Will report this to technical support.

benny Wrote:Discovered that the shift in color cast only happens when I start processing the second face in the same photo in PPS. Color is identical pre PPs and post PPS if only one face is worked on. Will report this to technical support.

Yes Benny I noticed that today! Not happy at allSad

I also discovered colour shifts when retouching a second face, yellow green. I send them a ticket with the problem and Leo finally told me : "This is a bug, which we are in the process of fixing, until then I suggest closing the image between faces."
Also on Mac 10.6

apiza Wrote:I also discovered colour shifts when retouching a second face, yellow green. I send them a ticket with the problem and Leo finally told me : "This is a bug, which we are in the process of fixing, until then I suggest closing the image between faces."
Also on Mac 10.6

At least you got some reply admitting the bug! I don't think they tested this software thoroughly.

They could not possibly do a thorough test with all the different camera brands and models with different camera raw versions out there plus a combination of color profiles under Windows and Mac  before V10 was launched and this is a small inconvenience that I can live with for the moment. I have only good comments regarding the rest of the commands and have no hesitation to recommend PPS to anyone. The work around is to do the first face, save and then continue with the second face until the bug is fixed.

Sad 
benny Wrote:They could not possibly do a thorough test with all the different camera brands and models with different camera raw versions out there plus a combination of color profiles under Windows and Mac  before V10 was launched and this is a small inconvenience that I can live with for the moment. I have only good comments regarding the rest of the commands and have no hesitation to recommend PPS to anyone. The work around is to do the first face, save and then continue with the second face until the bug is fixed.

I don't know about the Window's version but Mac version is not working properly. From the step one which is opening the image in PPS color shift occurs and this is in the case of JPG files directly from Canon 50D, 5DII and Fuji S3. Besides their trial version does not allow you to save the image to find out color profile has been removed!! if I had known that I would not have wasted my money. Tech support very slow to respond and sometimes does not respond at all. Contrary to you there would be no recommendation from me.

apiza Wrote:I also discovered colour shifts when retouching a second face, yellow green. I send them a ticket with the problem and Leo finally told me : "This is a bug, which we are in the process of fixing, until then I suggest closing the image between faces."
Also on Mac 10.6

This is a problem that is already fixed, please make sure you have version 10.1.6 of Portrait Professional. You can download it here for the Mac:

http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional.c...tup_en.dmg

morad Wrote:I don't know about the Window's version but Mac version is not working properly. From the step one which is opening the image in PPS color shift occurs and this is in the case of JPG files directly from Canon 50D, 5DII and Fuji S3. Besides their trial version does not allow you to save the image to find out color profile has been removed!! if I had known that I would not have wasted my money. Tech support very slow to respond and sometimes does not respond at all. Contrary to you there would be no recommendation from me.

The problem of color profiles being removed are caused by Portrait Professional not interpreting the EXIF ColorSpace tag. Instead the software looks for an ICC color profile and if they do not exist it will assume the picture has no color profile and so will not color manage it.

This problem has been in the software since the very first version so it is surprising that nobody has reported it until now. This problem will be fixed in the next free update to Portrait Professional Studio 10

thanks,
Gary