• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Photoshop plug in
I attempted to install plugin in my Mac CS4. It does not appear in the filters column. It is in the CS4 plugin file, but when I click on it I get a message saying PS does not recognize the file. Any advice?

Do a search for all 8bf files (*.8bf) {Wildcard search} and when you find them copy them to the Photoshop Plugins folder/directory ...............

Banzbouy,

It sounds like you are trying to run the plugin outside of Photoshop. Once you have copied the plugin using the instrucitons posted by Leo earlier, the next time you run it, you will find Portrait Professional listed under Filter > Anthropics in the Photoshop menus.

Tony

(11-29-2011, 11:46 AM)jonaanderson Wrote: Portrait Professional can open RAW images directly, my workflow starts with Adobe Lightroom 3. The RAW image adjusted by slightly increasing the exposure and recovery sliders, to ensure that the background remains pure white but no details gets lost in the portrait itself. Then send it from Lightroom to Photoshop CS5, once it starts you just need to follow its instructions.
I bought PP Studio v10 a few weeks ago. It is fantastic! Just got CS5, LR3, and PS Elements 10. Look forward to seeing how PP works as a plugin for CS5, and if PP will show up as a Plugin for Elements.

From within Lightroom 3.6 Beta, PP Studio v10 appears just fine as an "Edit In" choice.

For PS CS5.1, PP Studio v10's installer did not handle the installation of the Plug in file properly! PP Studio v10's Photoshop Installer automatically saw PS CS5.1 and installed PSFilterPPLauncher.8bf into the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-Ins subdirectory.

On my system, PS CS5.1 is installed on the K: Drive in the K:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 subdirectory.

In order for PS CS5.1 to properly show Anthropics > PP Studio v10 under the Filter pulldown menu, and for Portrait Professional to appear on PS's Help > About Plug-In list, the PSFilterPPLauncher.8bf file had to be moved to the K:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Plug-ins directory.

Also note that the PSFilterPPLauncher.8bf file is the only file in the root of that subdirectory. It is not contained in any Anthropics nor Portrait Professional directory within K:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Plug-ins! This is not the convention for all the other plugins. They are contained in a product or company named subdirectory below, the K:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Plug-ins subdirectory.

Just bought PP10 studio and the plug-in installed with no problem in CS5 for Mac.

Please tell me how to use it one my photoshop software?? Now I am using photoshop CS6 least version.

Robert, do you mean to ask how to access portrait professional from CS6?