• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old People
Well llorton, I am not quite your age, but also have nearly 30 years in IT. So allow me to say this:

1. My comments were not directed at you, they were directed at the OP. I am sorry you seem to have taken offense to them.

2. Nothing in the OP's post gave any indication that the issue was anything other than difficulties attributable to age, and presumably to unfamiliarity with computers. Obviously in your case this does not apply.

3. Having several elderly people in my family, and being the younger, tech savvy relative, I am often called upon to help them steer clear of folks trying to take advantage of them and their unfamiliarity with technology. Thus, perhaps I am a bit sensitive to the idea of simply "getting a young person to help."

My intent was not to be a schmuck, as much as it was to encourage someone to spend some time educating themselves and being more self-sufficient. Perhaps that wasn't evident in my posting. And perhaps the upgrade process is so onerous that a veteran of nearly 30 years such as yourself still had difficulty with it. If so, that's very unfortunate.

Messages In This Thread
Old People - Bob Jenkins - 02-05-2011, 10:24 PM
RE: Old People - Salisbury - 02-07-2011, 03:56 AM
RE: Old People - PerroneFord - 02-07-2011, 06:23 AM
RE: Old People - llorton - 02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
RE: Old People - Bob Jenkins - 02-08-2011, 06:53 AM
RE: Old People - PerroneFord - 02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
RE: Old People - llorton - 02-07-2011, 10:50 PM