• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange density change in the background
I just started using PP and when I us it there is a random halo of density lightness around the subjects head. It is different with each portrait but it is really bothersome. Otherwise I love the program. Any Ideas?

Nice photo!

Although I can't see what you are describing in the photos I was wondering if you modified the hair in any way.  If so, it could be that the halo was caused by the hair area not being well defined.

You might check the "view/edit hair area" button to see if the software has correctly isolated the hair.

I ran your image through PP and, sure enough, it selected part of the background as hair. I believe if you clean up the hair selection your density issue will disappear.

BClews is right. The most likely explanation is that you've used the hair sliders without fixing the hair mask first.

Tony

admin Wrote:BClews is right.  The most likely explanation is that you've used the hair sliders without fixing the hair mask first.

Tony

I am experiencing the same problem. I first noticed it when I received prints back from the lab that showed a gray halo on a white background. I have read advice on this forum an tried all suggestions. I have attached a jpeg of an image. I have deliberately reduced the levels in photoshop so you can see the problem. You will see from the image that there is a halo around the head. In this instance the hair control was turned off.

Thanks for any help.

Rob.........    

Could you send a PP file exhibiting the problem?

Tony

admin Wrote:Could you send a PP file exhibiting the problem?

Tony

Do you want the photoshop psd file? If so what is the best way to send it to you and where do you want it sent?

Thanks for the prompt response.

Rob................

Hi Rob,

I've sent you an email with instructions for sending me the information.

Tony

The hair mask was all over the place..  Attached pics to show before and after touch-ups

Couldn't stop..  lol..  here's what I ended up with..

BUT!!!  I do see where I used the brush to remove the mask, as if it didn't render it back to the original copy.  This is using 10.1.6 or the latest version, I just updated today.  Also see a longer refresh, but this is the wrong topic for that topic.

I went into the photo and highlighted the area of concern. Now this is a area that I de-masked.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)