• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP 10 Studio  Error message Image too large  Cannot save
Just an addendum to the Canon/Nikon plug-in post earlier. It's possible to install the Canon Nikon plugin into the wrong version of Portrait Professional and it wouldn't be obvious that it wasn't using it. So here are some tips:

Windows:

The Plugin must be installed into the PortraitProfessional folder. (e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\Portrait Professional 10).

- download the installer from Canon and Nikon Raw loaders for Portrait Professional (Windows)
- run the installer
- when prompted to choose the install location, navigate to the folder where PortraitProfessional is installed.

Mac:

-download the installer from Canon and Nikon Raw loaders for Portrait Professional (Macintosh)
- run the installer. It should automatically install all the files into the right places.

N.B. If you have renamed your PortraitProfesional application to something other than it originally installed as (PortraitProfessionalStudio.app), the installer might not find the correct location. In this case you can either copy the files manually or temporarily rename your application to PortraitProfessionalStudio.app before installing the plugin.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Of course, my dilemma is that I have images that are 5180 x 3450. Nowhere near the size of a medium format scan. And I can't get them to work either. Having to take them down to about 4500 x whatever. So rather than do my PP manipulation at the front of the workflow, I use other RAW based tools to do everything except the final retouching, and then take a TIFF image through PP to get my final image.

It seems this is the best way to integrate the stand-alone product into the workflow given the issues with size, EXIF information, and other things. I am not casting aspersions here, as I like the product and it's been mostly good for me. But the issues with the program do tend to dictate how and where it can be used in the workflow. I'm sure if I was using it in a professional capacity, I'd want a bit more flexibility in how the product fit into an overall workflow.

Hopefully, the programmers can get to grips with this soon.

Hi,

I will wait for the fix. It would be wise to document the Specs e.g. max filesize, max pix etc. I looked for this information, but I cannot find it. Hopefully the problem will be fixed now.

@Tony Thanks for your reply and action taken on this issue.

Kind Regrds,
Hans-Peter van den Berg

Hi everyone,

If you are having problems with V10, you can go back to V9 while we sort them out. To go back to version 9, just go to the license manager: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/licenses/ enter your V9 license and you will be able to download and install version 9.

In the meantime, we are working on the memory issues and are making good progress with that.

Tony

Hi everyone

We've made a new release of the software (10.1.3), which greatly improves the memory requirements over the 10.0 versions. To get the new version go to Help > Check for updates. This should help a lot of you out. We are still looking at ways of decreasing the memory requirements further. If you are still having memory issues, here are some tips in the meantime while we continue looking at the problem:

The undo stack of brush operations can take up space, so if you have trouble saving a jpg or tiff, try saving a PP file, close the software, re-load your PP file and try saving straight away.

Obviously 16 bit mode takes up twice as much memory as 8 bit mode, so try doing your RAW conversion first then use PP in 8 bit mode.

Thank you all for your patience,

Tony

admin Wrote:Hi everyone

We've made a new release of the software (10.1.3), which greatly improves the memory requirements over the 10.0 versions.   To get the new version go to Help > Check for updates.  This should help a lot of you out.  We are still looking at ways of decreasing the memory requirements further.  If you are still having memory issues, here are some tips in the meantime while we continue looking at the problem:

The undo stack of brush operations can take up space, so if you have trouble saving a jpg or tiff, try saving a PP file, close the software, re-load your PP file and try saving straight away.

Obviously 16 bit mode takes up twice as much memory as 8 bit mode, so try doing your RAW conversion first then use PP in 8 bit mode.

Thank you all for your patience,

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for your update on the issue.

I tested the new 10.1 version.

The memory requirement has improved indeed as you mentioned.

I was able to process a 6000 x 6440 pixel TIFF image of 113MB now.

The bigger original image of 7763 X 8332 pixels 189 MB is still a problem. I watched the Performance of the memory in my TaskManager and opened the extended memory source check as well. I noticed while PP 10.1 was processing it took about 1.2 GB of RAM at the last 90% of the proccessing step in PP and than PP ran out of memory as the message of PP stated.

However the Memory Source check in Task Manager showed only 62% of available physical RAM was used at that time PP ran out of memory. The total amount of RAM which is seen by TASK Manager is equal to 3GB.

So it seems that PP does not use all the RAM available.

I know that for 32 bits systems 2GB of virtual adress space may be used by user-processes like PP. So it looks PP does not completely benefit from that requirement.

I hope this information supports to a additional solution/fix of your developing team.

Kind Regrds,
Hans-Peter van den Berg

Just as I posted the below, the thread about memory came up infront. My PC dosnt go online, any ideas on how I would do the 'Updates'????

I just posted this in another part of the forum and have now found this thread here.  So perhaps I'm not going mad, and perhaps its not PC, very dissopointed though to be honest, love this software, but cant be doing with it throwing errors at me almost everytime I use it.  And I'm not working from RAW images either.

Error coming up

First post on here so if someone else has posted similar and I've missed it sorry.

I dont know if anyone else has experianced this but I keep getting an error coming up whilst using Portrait Professional. I make my changes to the image and click save. Error comes up saying 'Cant reload image out of memory'

Now I know this shouldnt be a problem on my PC, I've now also removed any programs I dont use and I've tried to open much larger images in photoshop and they open fine so I dont think its my PC just cant cope. However.

If I got to my documents and look at the thumbnail of the edited image, it looks fine, so I've tried to open it either in PP or photoshop, but neither can now open it. I get the error in Photoshop saying cant open it as out of RAM? But it allows me again to open a much larger image.
This is now happening around every other image I try to work on. Was working fine to start with but just seems to be getting worse.

one image that is causing problems is a 32MB tiff, so I tried to open an 92MB tiff in PS to see if there were running problems, it openend fine.

Any ideas help advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Annie,

I am pasting a step-by-step guide so that you can try the manual activation, which will allow you to install the latest version on your computer without internet access. Open a support ticket if you need another activation added to your token.

The first thing to do is get the downloaded installation file on to your computer without Internet connection, which can be done with a memory stick or a CD. You can download it here:
http://pprof.com/get

Please go to your computer without Internet connection, run the install file and select Manual Activation. You will see your system fingerprint, which is a bundle of letters and numbers in groups of four.

Click the Copy to Clipboard button and open your notepad (Start - at the bottom of you screen, All Programs, Accessories, NotePad). Hold the keys Crtl + V to paste it. Save the document as key.txt

Now, go to your computer with Internet connection and go here:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/activate/

Open your file key.txt and copy (Edit, select all, then Crtl + C keys) and Paste (Ctrl + V keys) the key into the box system fingerprint. Then, enter your token.
Click the Get key button, then the Download key button.
Copy the ppkey.txt file to your CD or memory stick drive and get the file onto your computer without Internet connection.

On your computer without Internet, run the install file again. Select Manual Activation. Open the ppkey.txt file and go to select all (Edit, select all). Then, Edit, Copy.

If you click the Paste Key from Clipboard button, Portrait Professional will activate your license.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Hi Leo

Thanks for the info. Soon as I get home I'll check but I bought the disc at Focus on Imaging, so assumed it would be the latest one.

The errors I'm getting do sound very similar to everyone elses so I'm hoping this will sort it. I love the program as I can see it saving me massses of time and I like the effects.

I have a second computer at home and if need be we might move the program over to that and run the two towers together. Will I need another activation key to take it from one pc to another?

Again thanks for the info

Annie

Ok have checked version I have is 10.1.3 Have just tried three images all came up with errors and can't save us new problem of strange boxes appearing on image when trying to edit. Program is now not worth using as it's taking to much time trying to sort errors. Have gone back to CS5 which works perfect on same computor. Pretty unhappy now about this. Ok so not expensive but feel it's certainly not living up to the hype it was given when sold to me at focus on imaging.  
Especially after Reading the other threads on here with similar problems
next step is I guess I'll be contacting company direct.

Long and short is it is totally unusable now, love the program and would really just like it to work. However if its not sorted, then guess I should be eligible for a refund.