• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
colors desaturated
When i save an image after editing it in portrait pro 9.8 studio edition with multiple face edits .. when i open the same image in photoshop . it looks desaturated .. i didnt make any changes to color .. of the picture .. just made the skin adjustments

whats the problem

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This will happen if under "picture controls" the sliders are not set to zero.

Gary

Gary Wrote:This will happen if under "picture controls" the sliders are not set to zero.

Gary

Gary,
My picture controls sliders are set to zero, but it is changing the color of the whole photo to more of a Cyan color. Is there another place that could be influencing this?

I suggest you open a support ticket and send the support people a session file so they can actually see what is happening.

regards,
Gary

Am having similar problems - have established it only happens when I only work on more than one face in an image.

Working on a PC on JPEGS - havent got round to seeing if it happens with other formats.

am trying doing each face as a separate layer - long winded & not ideal but does give a result.

This gets wierder - tried working on a Canon Raw file & save as a tiff - viewed comparison in CAnon DPP - Tiff looked desaturated, though did notice that the single & two face jpeg versions look identical whereas in CS3 & ACDsee the version where I've worked on 2 faces looks desaturated

Now I'm puzzled

BTW have submited a support ticket.

I have seen this bug as well and I have been fixing it over the last few days and when it has been tested this will appear in a future release.

Currently the best solution is to turn off the "high performance display" option in the settings/preferences dialog.

Gary

That Gary's a clever bugger Smile

Seems to work.

Gary Wrote:I have seen this bug as well and I have been fixing it over the last few days and when it has been tested this will appear in a future release.

Currently the best solution is to turn off the "high performance display" option in the settings/preferences dialog.

Gary

I am a PP Standard user and noticed this bug too. What's the workaround for this? There's no "high performance display" option in the standard version.

i really need this solved asap.
thanks.

Sorry but the bug is in the color handling code, and that is not present in the standard version so this can't be the same problem.

Please be aware that the standard version will display colors without correcting them for the monitor, so although the colors might look different to Photoshop on the monitor, they will be correct when an image is saved to disk.

Gary