• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Background in PortraitPro 21
Hi, 
I am new on PP21 and tried to change background of a photo. When I choose the background picture I see the photo, can resize and adjust the background. When I accept the result I get my original picture with a white layer on it.
How can I complete the change and save the result? (I use Macbook Pro with Catalina)

Hi Helga,

I hope you can find an answer here. I am waiting to hear back from email support. I'm on an older MacBook pro, but running Catalina and can't get v21 to even load a photo without it shutting down and then get a crash report. One of the features I want to try out is the new sky replacement. I have used background replacement in v19 successfully. If I can get pp v21 running I will try some replacements and post back here later.

Go to Photo critique section and the thread 'background replacement in v17', then click on 'argh' link to see a background replacement photo I did in v17.

Helga -

I just went into PP v21 and under 'help' checked for an update to v21 - THERE IS ONE. I downloaded, updated and my program no longer crashes. Try updating and see if that helps.

Hi Franklin,
Thanks for writing back. I succeeded in the meantime to successfully change background and checked Help too.
I am on 2013 Late MBP and PP 21 works fine both on Catalina and on Big Sur.

(11-16-2020, 12:25 PM)Helga Wrote: Hi Franklin,
Thanks for writing back. I succeeded in the meantime to successfully change background and checked Help too.
I am on 2013 Late MBP and  PP 21 works fine both on Catalina and on Big Sur.

I am also on a 2013 late MBP running Catalina, haven't upgraded to Big Sur yet but happy to hear you are not having problems with Big Sur and PP.

Big Sur is probably going to be the last OS a late 2013 MBP can update to. It just barely made the list for Big Sur.

Show some samples of your background replacement here sometime in the Photo Critique thread.