• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Members v Sales
Have just purchased PP and for working on numerous portraits its very promising,the same results can be acheived many ways in Photoshop although that route is a little more time consuming.
I have no idea how long PP has been available and was rather suprised by the number of members in this forum.(low)
Can I assume that many more people than members have bought the product?
Although its called Portrait pro will it ever be extended to include torso in future versions?

I was surprised at the low numbers on the forum as well. I just assume that the forum is a fairly recent addition, or that like some other products it just isn't needed very often because the software is quite easy to use.

Hi there,

To answer your first question: Portrait Professional is a new product, we launched only a few months ago, and our forums have only been up since mid November last year, so the community here is still in its early stages. We hope to foster a growing community however!

Portrait Professional currently does support full body skin and lighting modification. If the regions of skin are not broken up by too much clothing (i.e. nudes, swimwear or lingerie) and are standing up, you can use Skin Selection>Reset Selection>Full Body, to extend the skin selection area to the rest of the body. If the skin selection needs modifying, or the torso region of skin is separated by clothing you can manually extend or cut back the mask using the extend or cut back brushes. Does that help, or is there another scenario you had in mind?

Tony

well I was wondering about the full body also but my reset is all that is working the full body or anything else under that is not highlighted is there a trick? thanks sherry

Nice tip.. I did not know you could extend beyone the face.

Paranoid Wrote:On the box of my PPStudio9 edition it says, this is the secret weapon for portraits, nudes and wedding photos etc.
Up to now the only tool for nudes is the extension of the skinarea.
Are  there any more tools for nudes? Shaping the body should be as easy as shaping the nose or cheeks, if not easier.

Any suggestions?

there was mention of doing full body sculpting somewhere on the forum before if my memory serves me right .... im sure someone said it may be implemented??? dont know if it will be in v10 or not

It is my understanding that body shaping is in the consideration stage...the PP folks are asking for ideas and features we would like to see in that type of software.

We have started initial tests with a view to producing a body sculpting system, which might be a completely separate product. There's not much else to say at the moment as we have only just started!

Tony