• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair When Masking
Hi. When I am creating a background mask and inserting a new background, I often find myself doing a dance between Background, Foreground, Smart Background, Smart Foreground. The smaller, finer groups of hair, or the areas where a little bit of the background is bleeding through along the edges, often doesn't look natural. I shoot outdoors frequently, so sometimes hair is blowing a little bit. My original backgrounds might be buildings, or trees, things I cannot avoid. Are there tutorials or similar to help with this issue? Thanks!

I voted for "when wet" because there wasnt an option that fit me perfectly. What I do it wait for my hair to air dry until it is "just a bit damp" - then I oil it.

Choose File→Open. ...
Choose Window→Channels. ...
Choose Duplicate Channel from the Channels panel menu. ...
Make sure the alpha channel is selected in the Channels panel and choose Image→Adjustments→Levels. ...
When you're done, click OK to close the Levels dialog box.REMOVED URL

If you are using photos which were taken outdoor and wishes to remove the background, there are a few things you need to remember for more successful background removal:

1. Background should be as blur as possible or as contrasting to the foreground as possible;
2. Background and subject must be as contrast to each other as possible, ie, not blended into each other;
3. Following #2 above, if you have someone with black hair, avoid a patch of dark coloured background over the hair area; This applied to any part of the body;
4. If someone is wearing semi transparent material where background bleed through the fabric, you need special care. I haven't tested this with PP.

Remember that all background removal software I have come across has limitation at the moment. Not because they are not clever enough but because of the diverse situation they have to deal with. Hence, the fine flying hair has to forego, ie, can't cut it out. I am waiting for a day when AI is clever enough to separate the fine hair. I have already waited for 10 years for this to happen!

(10-29-2019, 03:18 AM)ywooe58 Wrote: Choose File→Open. ...
Choose Window→Channels. ...
Choose Duplicate Channel from the Channels panel menu. ...
Make sure the alpha channel is selected in the Channels panel and choose Image→Adjustments→Levels. ...
When you're done, click OK to close the Levels dialog box.REMOVED URL

exactly, it s work