• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Gallery Pix
Nice gallery pix on your homepage, it shows off PP very well!

One question though: What does "Enhanced 107 seconds" (for example) mean??

Hi there,

The timings are how long it took a user (mostly me) to do the enhancement. Typically, they are between a minute and a minute and a half. This usually breaks down as around 20 seconds to complete the mark-up, 10 seconds or so for the processing and another 10-40 seconds to play with the sliders, and occasionally do a bit of brushing. This might sound quicker than times people have experienced, especially in the mark-up stage. One thing that makes quite a difference to how quickly you can mark up is to note that you do not have to be pixel accurate with placing the points. The interior of the mouth and the eyes can be off by 1-2mm and the other points can be off as much as 1cm and you still get a good result.

You may not have noticed, but the last release greatly improved the default skin selection, meaning less time is required on average to do the brushing. Our next release will improve it further. As we upgrade our software, we hope to further cut down the amount of time to get a good result, and eventually have a fully automated 'batch' mode.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I wondered about that myself.

admin Wrote:Hi there,

The timings are how long it took a user (mostly me) to do the enhancement. Typically, they are between a minute and a minute and a half. This usually breaks down as around 20 seconds to complete the mark-up, 10 seconds or so for the processing and another 10-40 seconds to play with the sliders, and occasionally do a bit of brushing. This might sound quicker than times people have experienced, especially in the mark-up stage. One thing that makes quite a difference to how quickly you can mark up is to note that you do not have to be pixel accurate with placing the points. The interior of the mouth and the eyes can be off by 1-2mm and the other points can be off as much as 1cm and you still get a good result.

You may not have noticed, but the last release greatly improved the default skin selection, meaning less time is required on average to do the brushing. Our next release will improve it further. As we upgrade our software, we hope to further cut down the amount of time to get a good result, and eventually have a fully automated 'batch' mode.

Tony

By saying "eventually have a fully automated batch mode" am I to take this as being similar to a Photoshop Action ?

The batch mode I was talking about is actually a separate product: Portrait Plus.

Tony