• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V 17 color shift
Is there any news on this issue?  It's kinda of a show stopper if you can't rely on what you see in the plugin isn't truly what you end up with in the final image.

Is it possible to downgrade to v15 which doesn't seem to have this issue?  If there isn't a fix soon I'll have to request a refund. 

Miro

No new news or at least as far as I know. My Problem with version 17 is that preview window displays over saturated, reddish image and that maybe caused by software ignoring the color profile of the original image!! in my case final saved image after touch up with V17 looked normal.
The other issue that I have now with Anthropics is: I used my token from V15 to upgrade to V17 but because of problem with V17 I asked for a refund! Of course they refunded me and ask me to remove V17 from my computer which I also did. Now I am trying to use V15 with my token but I get some kind of error massage from their server and won't let me load the V15 in to my computer!! so I opened a support ticket and explain the situation to Erika but so far has been total waste of time!! so frustrating, every support action takes one or two days for such a simple issue. Now I don't have neither 17 nor 15!! wow.

Same problem here. I am new user of PP, started using in May with V15 and upgraded to V17 the day it was available.
I can cut and paste my situation from what miroperez wrote last week.
Wanted to go back to V15 but can not any longer, may be because upgrade key can see remnants V17 somewhere and give token mismatch error. I have removed the pref files but still no luck
I prefer to use PP as a plugin from PS CS6, to process an open image and finish it off in PP.
Found a workaround with V17, opening the image from starting app (not plugin) after disabling colour management brings out image close to the original with miner over-saturation.
Hope the newer update fix this issue and it happens soon.

SahotaR

(11-07-2017, 06:15 PM)morad Wrote: No new news or at least as far as I know. My Problem with version 17 is that preview window displays over saturated, reddish image and that maybe caused by software ignoring the color profile of the original image!! in my case final saved image after touch up with V17 looked normal.
The other issue that I have now with Anthropics is:  I used my token from V15 to upgrade to V17 but because of problem with V17 I asked for a refund!  Of course they refunded me and ask me to remove V17 from my computer which I also did. Now I am trying to use V15 with my token but I get some kind of error massage from their server and won't let me load the V15 in to my computer!! so I opened a support ticket and explain the situation to Erika but so far has been total waste of time!! so frustrating, every support action takes one or two days for such a simple issue. Now I don't have neither 17 nor 15!! wow.

morad,

One more try to try to figure out the color shift you are getting. If  I correctly understand what you re saying, when you pull the image into PPv17 you get a drastic color shift in the Preview window. After you finish editing the image and you save it back to file the color shift goes away. Is this correct?

If so open PPv17 and before you import an image, go to Settings the click on the Color Tab. Once there, check and see if the box to the left of "Enable Color Management" is checked or unchecked (See attached Image of the Settings). If it's checked, uncheck it. In other words change the current status of the "Enable Color Management" check box then close out the Settings Tab and Exit PPv17.

Now reopen PPv17 and import your image. Are you still seeing a color shift. If not edit your image however do a "Save Session" first before you save your image to a JPEG or TIFF file.

After saving the image to a file, exit PPV17 then open your image in either PP CS6 or LR6 or whatever photo editing software you are using. Check to see if the file is okay or if the color shift is now reversed. 

I know what I've just described above is a lot of extra work however I ran across the same drastic color shift you described today when I tried the new feature in PPv17 of changing the background. In my case the file did not show a  red color shift when I first opened it in the Preview window nor was there any apparent color shift when I finished all of the edits including the Background change. One of the absolute necessities in my workflow is to always perform a "Save Session" (just add a sequential number to the suggested file name each time you save a session if the working file is the same)  before I save the image to a JPEG/Tiff file. This way if anything goes wrong with your saved JPEG/Tiff file you can reopen the Saved Session and correct it.

If you find that what I suggested above does not solve your color shift problem, repeat the first steps I gave you above when I asked you to open PPv17 just to check the settings. If you have to repeat this process to either now check or uncheck the "Enable Color Management" checkbox, you don't have to do a "Session Save" because you only opened PPv17 without also opening a session or file. Exit PPV17 then reopen using the last "Saved Session".

Additionally Yes that's how PortraitPro works when you upgrade it. To avoid not being able to reinstall a previous version I do not uninstall the previous version before I install the new upgraded version. As such I have PP Studio V11, PP Studio V15, and PP Studio V17 on my Windows computer. What Anthropics will tell you is once you have been issued the Token for the upgraded software it cannot be used to reinstall a previous version even though the number remains the same. The reason they do it that way is to prevent a User from reinstalling the previous version on another computer. To my knowledge there is no requirement that you have to uninstall the previous version hence I have the three versions installed on the same computer.    

Thanks DJA for your help. Yes, you understood my problem correctly color shift happens only in preview window and saved image is OK. When I had the V17, I went through all sort color management set up changes with Erika from PP support and finally I reached to a point that no matter what my setup was I still got the color shift!! So I asked for a refund which they did.
I did not know about their upgrade policy and wished somewhere in their website they would explain it. I opened a support ticket about this upgrade issue but PP support team so far has completely ignored it.
As for keeping V15 and V17on my computer (Mac Pro) it did not work for me as soon as I loaded V17 it wrote over V15 which it should not have been the case.

I ended up asking for a refund too as I never got a response from the support team after the initial contact. Too bad, the end result looked promising.

Does anyone know if this color shift issue ever got resolved?

(01-03-2018, 11:47 PM)miroperez@hotmail.com Wrote: Does anyone know if this color shift issue ever got resolved?

Not for me! It took 3 weeks to get a reply from support: They suggested I set my monitor profile to "default"!! WTF?
I have been profiles for my monitors for years and would never use a monitor with out profiling it!
Very disappointed in support, still waiting for a reply, 3 more weeks now....I am using previous version. Sad

All I have gotten is a request to vote for their support!

"I must admit that Anthropics's services and product is exceptional! This is software that all amateur or professional portrait photographers MUST have." - Joseph HS Lee, PortraitPro User

There's only a few days left to vote in the SWPP 2017 Trade Awards!

Celebrating companies from all parts of the photography industry, the SWPP Awards offers an amazing opportunity to show your support for your favorite brands, with categories covering everything from flashguns, to printing, to training.

This year Anthropics Technology Ltd are once again in the running for Best Professional Software and Best Customer Service. These awards are hugely important to us and we'd really appreciate it if you'd give a few moments of your time to back us.

Well the story is like this!! As I mentioned above after I was refunded for V17 they never gave me my token back for V15!! I sent emails to support many times about that but no respond. Finally I got tired and wrote a negative review about Anthropics on Google review section and less than 2 days they responded and gave me a new token for version 15!!
3 weeks ago I tried the demo version of PP17 (standard) on my MacBook Pro 15" 2012/El Capitan and did not get any color shift. During the holidays I received a low price offer to buy the studio version of PP17 again which I did but haven't had a chance to test it on my MacPro 2012.
Will update later.

I tested the PP Studio Version 17.1.3 on my Mac Pro 2012/El Capitan and color shift still happened-Sad