• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Plugin after Upgrade to New Photoshop and LR Classic
I just upgraded Photoshop and Lightroom to the latest versions and now PortraitPro no longer works as a plugin to either program.  PortraitPro works fine as a standalone, though. 

I ran the PhotoshopPluginInstaller program to reregister PortraitPro as a plugin, but that did not work with Photoshop nor Lightroom.  I also tried reinstalling PortraitPro, but that did not reregister the program as a plugin, either.  

Any suggestions?

I managed to partially solve my problem. The PhotoshopPluginInstaller could not find the Photoshop plugin folder after upgrading Photoshop so it automatically selected the Adobe Common Plugins folder or it created its own Photoshop folder. Selecting manually select folder in the PhotoshopPluginInstaller allowed me to install the plugin in the right place for Photoshop. I haven't found the right folder for Lightroom Classic, though, so I can't get PortraitPro to work with LR yet.

Hi, I have the same problem having just upgraded from PP 11 to 17, due mainly to a similar problem of having to reactivate software after Photoshop upgrade to CC18. Following the online instructions a settings page is shown which includes a plug-ins tab. However on the installed (3 times) version there are only 2 tabs and not 4. I've used 11 for several years and really like it, although the presets are a bit unrealistic. Any advice gratefully received.
On a separate moan, trying to log in to the "submit ticket" help has been a nightmare as my email and log-in details keep being rejected. I've had to use a 3rd email address to re-register!!

Okay, problem sorted and I'm the idiot for not reading instructions clearly.  Apparently I'd not bought the right version which needs to be the studio version to work as a plug-in.

Having problem with installing PP18 as an external editor in LR6 . I have followed all the instructions but when I get to the settings in PP18 there is no tab for "Auto-Plugin Mode".

Having a similar problem, but with Portraitpro Studio Max v18.4 as the External Editor. PPSM does not open to allow editing on image from Lightroom Classic.