• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very slow when adjusting facial point...
PP is very slow when I adjust facial points. I'm using an iMac Quad core system and there really should be no issue there. This is just sapping precious time from my workflow. Is this happening to anyone else out there?

MaxPixel, it is also slow on my computer. I hope PP is working on this to speed it up.

(06-10-2014, 03:56 AM)williamting Wrote: MaxPixel, it is also slow on my computer. I hope PP is working on this to speed it up.
Thanks for the reply williamting.

(06-10-2014, 03:32 AM)MaxPixel Wrote: PP is very slow when I adjust facial points. I'm using an iMac Quad core system and there really should be no issue there. This is just sapping precious time from my workflow. Is this happening to anyone else out there?

MaxPixel,

The delay you are seeing is caused by the software adjusting the facial points whilst also adjusting the enhancements of the facial features.

After loading an image on the software you automatically taken to a Before and After view, if you want to adjust the facial point click the Back button near the top-right corner. This should then take you to one view of the image where you can adjust the points without delay.

(06-10-2014, 12:35 PM)AngAT Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 03:32 AM)MaxPixel Wrote: PP is very slow when I adjust facial points. I'm using an iMac Quad core system and there really should be no issue there. This is just sapping precious time from my workflow. Is this happening to anyone else out there?

MaxPixel,

The delay you are seeing is caused by the software adjusting the facial points whilst also adjusting the enhancements of the facial features.

After loading an image on the software you automatically taken to a Before and After view, if you want to adjust the facial point click the Back button near the top-right corner. This should then take you to one view of the image where you can adjust the points without delay.
I have worked it both ways and it doesn't help, or at least very little.

When you first get the Before / After option with the facial points, click on the Back button in the UPPER LEFTHAND CORNER (not the upper righthand corner). This leaves you with just the Before image. These can be adjusted quickly with no rendering delays. When done setting all the points, hit the NEXT button (or the spacebar) and you'll see the corrected image without having spent all the needless time waiting for rendering.

(06-12-2014, 04:27 AM)Frederi825 Wrote: When you first get the Before / After option with the facial points, click on the Back button in the UPPER LEFTHAND CORNER (not the upper righthand corner). This leaves you with just the Before image. These can be adjusted quickly with no rendering delays. When done setting all the points, hit the NEXT button (or the spacebar) and you'll see the corrected image without having spent all the needless time waiting for rendering.

I'll give this a try and report back. Thanks for the tip.

(06-12-2014, 04:27 AM)Frederi825 Wrote: When you first get the Before / After option with the facial points, click on the Back button in the UPPER LEFTHAND CORNER (not the upper righthand corner).  This leaves you with just the Before image.  These can be adjusted quickly with no rendering delays.  When done settingg all the points, hit the NEXT button (or the spacebar) and you'll see the corrected image without having spent all the needless time waiting for rendering.

I was really have difficulties with this... I'm glad I found this forum Smile
I'll consider all your tips and hopefully everything will be much faster.
Thank you guys!

I have a similar issue with slowness in moving facial points, using highest maxed-out spec iMac.
I now find it better to deselect ALL faces, then select them manually. This seems to work in real time, seems more accurate in placing the points, so that when the face outline is rendered, it requires little or no adjustment.
I think it is quicker in overall time, but certainly a much more satisfying workflow