• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plug-In for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC
I have tried to find the plug-ins for Photoshop and Lightroom in Portrait Professional Pro 17 and there does not seem to be one.  I used Pacifist to search the PP install file and there is no plug-ins of any kind.  I also ran the install plug-in from the PP and it couldn't find the file.  Either I am looking in the wrong place ore something has changed.  I use both these programs to process my images and not having a plug-in will a hitch in my work flow.

From what I can see this seems to be a common question with no answer as yet from Portrait Pro. IK Hope I'm proved wrong

(09-28-2017, 06:52 AM)elflord1945 Wrote: I have tried to find the plug-ins for Photoshop and Lightroom in Portrait Professional Pro 17 and there does not seem to be one.  I used Pacifist to search the PP install file and there is no plug-ins of any kind.  I also ran the install plug-in from the PP and it couldn't find the file.  Either I am looking in the wrong place ore something has changed.  I use both these programs to process my images and not having a plug-in will a hitch in my work flow.

Please note that only the Studio and Studio Max edition of PortraitPro support plugin mode with Photoshop and Lightroom. For details on how to install as plugin please go here: https://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?catid=10

It's not a plug-in, you have to install it as an external editor:

https://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=58

PP has worked as a "plugin" for LR for years, but in the last little while, more often than not, the "return from plugin" button has disappeared and is replaced with the "save" and "close" buttons. I have re-run the plugin installation routine several times, but it still doesn't always show the "return from plugin" button. Any ideas why it is hit and miss; mostly miss, now?
Thanks!
John

I had the same problem with version 17 since upgrading to Mac Mojave. I recently upgraded to version 18 and the issue remains. It seems that first level of support is unable to answer the issue.

Not sure what else to do?

Has anyone of you updated to the new version: Portraitpro Studio Max 18 (PPSM 18)???. Well I have and I am having a problem with it and am wondering if I am the only one with this major problem. PPSM 18 is not working as a Plugin for Lightroom Classic v8.0.

Here's the scenario: I will right click on an image, click on 'Edit In', and select Edit in PPSM. However, PPSM 18 does NOT open, instead the image is returned to LR as a Tiff (specified) a short while later. PPSM does not open on the Select Gender page allowing one to select a gender and subsequently, make any changes (edit) to the image. This all worked fine with the previous version 17. Still waiting for a fix from Anthropics. First reported Oct. 26.

I was having the same problem after updating Lightroom. I was able to get the "return from plugin" back by changing a preference. I went to preferences -> general and unclicked the "don't save over existing files" checkbox. I quit the app and next time I opened an image from Lightroom it was working normally again.