• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macintosh version
Roscoe Wrote:Once the "toolboxes" are on screen there's no way to minimise, maximise or close them.  Not even drag handles to make them smaller/larger.  They take up too much real estate, making it harder to see the image on which they're working.  

Hi Roscoe,

You can move the boxes out of the way by clicking on the top bar and dragging them just, the same as you would with any window on your computer. If I need to do this I usually move them off the bottom of the screen leaving just the top showing so I can move them back again.

I also prefer to just have the 'After' image showing while doing adjustments. This generally frees up space and I find it is less distracting without the 'Before' showing all the time. When you want to compare them you just need to press Enter and it brings the Before image up in place of the After. This way you don't have to move your eyes and re-focus and is instantaneous, which is very helpful in avoiding making adjustments too over the top.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

We have not decided on an upgrade price from 6.3 to 7.0, but it will probably be similar to our previous upgrade prices, i.e. fairly low. Version 7.0 is still a few months away. It is a re-write from scratch of the user interface to allow us to release it on the Mac as well as PC.

Tony

Looking forward to the Mac version! Hopefully it'll also be a standalone version like the PC version?

Also, will you have discount pricing to cross-upgrade from PP 6.3 Windows to PP 7.0 Mac? I'll have no need for the Windows version if I can run it on my Mac.

Hi there,

The Mac version will be standalone like the PC version. And yes, there will be a discount for current owners of PP 6.

Tony

admin Wrote:Hi there,

The Mac version will be standalone like the PC version.   And yes, there will be a discount for current owners of PP 6.

Tony

Any updated ETA for the mac version? Thanks!

:-J

It's still approximately couple of months away. It's a very large task, and difficult to produce accurate time scales, and depends on the feature set that will go into V7 which hasn't been locked down yet.

Tony

It is essential that you create a Mac version, most professionals ditched PCs as soon as Intel chips appeared in Mac

admin Wrote:It's still approximately couple of months away.  It's a very large task, and difficult to produce accurate time scales, and depends on the feature set that will go into V7 which hasn't been locked down yet.

Tony

I am waiting eagerly :-) I do need a mac version, that would make my work much easier!!

GAO Wrote:hi there, still very eqager to se a mac version... especially now with the stand alone version out... almost cant wait.. would be a whole new world for me... please hurry!

Geir
I have an Intel Mac, and run PP through Parallels, works great.

I would like a Mac version too. I do my editing on a Macbook Pro and really don't want to install parallels just for this. I have PP installed on an adjacent PC but would like to migrate it to the mac at some point