• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macintosh version
Another vote for the mac version. Having this would greatly reduce photoshop time and aggravation.
Any closer to an idea on time frame or even if a beta offering would be in the mix?

Hi Everyone,

Writing the Mac version is an extremely large task, as essentially we have to re-write the entire application user interface from scratch. With such large tasks, it is unwise to give any time estimates, as they can easily slip, but I'm afraid it will be a long time (months). However, for people on a Mac there are a few options for the keen:

Portrait Professional obviously works under bootcamp.

Also we know some of our customers are running it with parallels.

We do not officially support either of these, but the option is there if you want it.

Additionally, we can make available a Mac version of our fully automatic product: Portrait Plus. Portrait Plus is a fully automated version of Portrait Professional that allows the user to batch process groups of portraits with no user input. If anyone is interested in Portrait Plus for the Mac or PC, they can get more information by sending a private message on this forum to admin.

Tony

Hi Tony, do you have a version of this that runs on a non intel mac? A colleague of mine showed me a demo of this package and its amazing.

Cheers

Steve

Hi there,

We don't currently have any software that runs on Macs. However, producing a version of Portrait Plus that works on Macs (intel and non intel) is a smaller task than Portrait Professional as there is less GUI, so could be produced as a bespoke piece of software if someone was willing to pay for the development. Obviously this is aimed at larger buyers, as bespoke development is much more expensive than consumer software! If you are interested in Portrait Plus, send admin a message on this forum.

Tony

Another one hoping for a Mac version. Intel & OS X 10.5 are fine.

If you go to forums with a lot of professional wedding and portrait photographers (like the DWF) you will see that many many people bought imagenomic's Portraiture, even though it's almost double the price and - as far as I can see -  only half the power of PortraitProfessional.

Hurry up guys, you're missing out on a lot of money ... Wink

-----------
Cheers!
Thomas

TGeist Wrote:Another one hoping for a Mac version. Intel & OS X 10.5 are fine.

If you go to forums with a lot of professional wedding and portrait photographers (like the DWF) you will see that many many people bought imagenomic's Portraiture, even though it's almost double the price and - as far as I can see - only half the power of PortraitProfessional.

Hurry up guys, you're missing out on a lot of money ... Wink

-----------
Cheers!
Thomas

Up to the time of buying PP I was using Portraiture exclusively but I think each software has it's strengths and weaknesses; the one bonus with PP is that it's standalone and not just a Photoshop plugin.

Care to elaborate on where you think Portrait Professional could be improved? We are always looking for ways to make it better for our users.

Tony

Once the "toolboxes" are on screen there's no way to minimise, maximise or close them. Not even drag handles to make them smaller/larger. They take up too much real estate, making it harder to see the image on which they're working. The only way to get rid of them is to finalise the adjustment process, saving the image. Once saved, no further adjustments can be made, unless the whole process is re-started with the modified image processed again.

The next version (7.0) will address the problem with the toolboxes. As it is, you can re-size the sliders window, (up to a point) by dragging on the window edges.

In order to be able to re-adjust an image after saving it, you have to save a project file, which saves the settings for re-adjustment later. Is that what you meant?

Tony

admin Wrote:The next version (7.0) will address the problem with the toolboxes. As it is, you can re-size the sliders window, (up to a point) by dragging on the window edges.

In order to be able to re-adjust an image after saving it, you have to save a project file, which saves the settings for re-adjustment later. Is that what you meant?

Tony

Now I know to save as a project file that's what I'll do in future. I was saving as a jpeg and then opening that same file with PP for further adjustments, basically starting from scratch.

Is there any projected upgrade price for 6.3 to 7.0 ? Do you know the expected time frame before 7.0 gets released ?