• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good Pictures of Watercolor Paintings
Can anyone tell me the best way to take a picture of my paintings? I have a good digital camera, but the pictures I take look awful, they have a tone to them, the colors do not come through very well. The pictures do not show my painting very well.

wardeworth Wrote:Can anyone tell me the best way to take a picture of my paintings? I have a good digital camera, but the pictures I take look awful, they have a tone to them, the colors do not come through very well. The pictures do not show my painting very well.

As I too do some acrylic painting...I would like to know the answer to this one...I've only gotten good results once, and that was just trying different things to try to diffuse the light ...it lucked out on that one painting by using the end of a white t shirt over my flash...ha ha...problem was...I never could get the effect to repeat on the next painting....must have been just the right possition of the stain down the front.

When you look at a painting the picture often has a light from the top. Now when you use your camera are you are using a flash in line with your cam or is the flash firing from the same point as your natural light.

at.basson@telkomsa.net Wrote:When you look at a painting the picture often has a light from the top. Now when you use your camera are you are using a flash in line with your cam or is the flash firing from the same point as your natural light.

Would like to know the answer to this too.

Thanks

I would suggest taking the photo outdoors in the shade. Use a tripod and no flash. This will give you a nice, even, diffused light.

In my opinion do take the pic in natural light and do clean the lens and if you want to improve the picture quality of your picture do use photo editing apps like photoshop or lightroom which can improve the resolution and clarity of your picture.

If you want so you can use Photoshop or light room to improve your picture quality you can edit your picture with these. There many Photoshop and but in my point of view adobe Photoshop is nice option.

Hi! Use digital camera or tripod.
Pay attention to the way you’re positioning your artwork.
Avoid shadows and messy framing, by making sure that the piece is level against the wall.
Whenever possible, you should fill the frame with your work, trying not to show any background.

Photoshop is a good option to go with which can be used to add light and improve picture quality.

Place the lights at obtuse angles (greater than 90º) to avoid reflections.