• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
before and afters
comments appreciated.

Regards
Steve

I just bought the gold bundle. I like how easy it is to mess up some nice portraits but it is also easy to lightly tweat a photoshoot. There one thing I see is skin loosing texture altogether. china doll porcelin like skin...In general, heavy handed edting makes it noticible...I use photoshop but it takes a lot longer but it is not heavy handed. people do not have perfect skin and I see tme after time where this tool is over used.

(02-22-2017, 06:22 AM)vdotmatrix Wrote: I just bought the gold bundle.  I like how easy it is to mess up some nice portraits but it is also easy to lightly tweat a photoshoot.  There one thing I see is skin loosing texture altogether. china doll porcelin like skin...In general, heavy handed edting makes it noticible...I use photoshop but it takes a lot longer but it is not heavy handed. people do not have perfect skin and I see tme after time where this tool is over used.

You can always add texture by going to Skin Smoothing Controls  and adjust the Texture slider, you can also choose the Skin Texture Type.

Stunning results. Keep at it.

(02-24-2017, 06:21 PM)ErikaAnthropics Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 06:22 AM)vdotmatrix Wrote: I just bought the gold bundle.  I like how easy it is to mess up some nice portraits but it is also easy to lightly tweat a photoshoot.  There one thing I see is skin loosing texture altogether. china doll porcelin like skin...In general, heavy handed edting makes it noticible...I use photoshop but it takes a lot longer but it is not heavy handed. people do not have perfect skin and I see tme after time where this tool is over used.

You can always add texture by going to Skin Smoothing Controls  and adjust the Texture slider, you can also choose the Skin Texture Type.

Thank you - a good thing to know!

My goal in retouching is to make people look like themselves but just better, so, for me, all four of these go too far. This is, though, a matter of taste.