• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which movies have you seen many times?
Question 
Hi to all,

Which movies have you seen many times? I like watching little man english movies many times because it's a comedy movie. i really enjoy these movies a little man actor performing some very nice acting in this movie. Very cool and nice!

Which movies do u like?

Why don't you take your banal "chat" to some other forum which caters for the level of your intellect .......... and leave this forum to folks who are serious about this software ........... drongo !!

Actually, I'm afraid to say, but I believe all the recent postings we've had on very general topics area actually people or software spamming our forums. You'll notice that all the generic posts have one word signatures that have nothing to do with the post, but often point to a site related to that word. This is people trying to get more links to a site in order to improve their google ranking. Now I might be wrong (it's unlikely), so would anyone with a one word signature like to claim to be a real person? Or should I just ban anything that looks spam-like from this forum? What do all the real users on here think? Is it worth it? Considering I could accidentally ban a real person who is just looking for general chit chat.

Tony

Tony, it doesn't take much to determine who is and who isn't a spammer. It's quite obvious (to me) that English is a 2nd language in most cases, and the ridiculous topics chosen and the comments made, make them stick out like a sore thumb !
Anyone banned accidentally only needs to PM you to get reinstated.

Admin, when you ban a spammer you should also delete the link in their signature.

By the way I'm human Smile

KDM Wrote:Admin, when you ban a spammer you should also delete the link in their signature.

How wise you are KDM. I cannot see why they are left in.

Malcolm
One Name only!
Serious About Photography - Alexam Images

I do try and delete all posts that are banal and have a link in their signature. Some posts (like one here) have a signature that is just plain text. Plain text is not useful to spammers because no-one (and most importantly google) don't know which site they are talking about, so I've not been so bothered about them.

Tony

Alexam Wrote:
KDM Wrote:Admin, when you ban a spammer you should also delete the link in their signature.

How wise you are KDM.  I cannot see why they are left in.

Malcolm
One Name only!

admin Wrote:Some posts (like one here) have a signature that is just plain text.  Plain text is not useful to spammers because no-one (and most importantly google) don't know which site they are talking about, so I've not been so bothered about them.  

Tony

I gave this a little thought and think I may have a reason why they post odd text in the sig.

Spammers manually post ( not likely ) or use automated scripts / software.
A spammer spams 10,000 forums a week with a link, good chance a forum ban and maybe ISP BAN. OR
A spammer spams 10,000 forums a week with an odd text sig, some forums ban and other forums let it go ( like this forum ).

Spammer waits for the forums to get googled. Now they just google the strange text sig to see what forums they are still a member of and didn't get banned from. Here comes the links in the sigs. They just visit the forums, change the text sig to a LINK sig. More than likely the post dropped down so the admin won't notice the change but search engines will pick up the link.

I also have a theory on the spammer tag team. One spammer makes a post then another spammer post shows up later with an answer or comment but there's a link in the text or sig. I might go into detail on this later but it's getting late and I gotta go to bed. The Packers are playing tomorrow and they are gonna win. Yes, I'm a Wisconsin Cheesehead lol Smile