• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grad photo walk around shot
I haven't done much here but lurk for a long time. I'm not a portrait professional by any means but still find use for the program even taking 'street' photos.

Sometimes I've gotten some good constructive criticism here, such as from Mr. Ting, and that's appreciated. Other times - not, to the point where I had the photo removed. But I'll give it another try.

Here's a straight out of camera photo, cropped and downsized; and then an 'after' photo, cropped and downsized, using Photoshop CS5 for some levels adjustments and slight touchups, and then Portrait Pro for a little more adjustment.

This was just a 'walk-around' shot - a 'walk up, say hi can I take a photo, thanks' and walk on to another area etc. So do you think I went too far with the skin tone and white balance, or not? I kinda like it how it is but am open to other thoughts.

straight out of camera

[Image: gradcropped112OOCfb.jpg]

combination of Photoshop CS5 and Portrait Pro

[Image: gradcropped112pp.jpg]

Hi Franklin. I think you, along with PS and PP, did a great job. The new version is a lot more vibrant, and her eyes have just the right amount of sparkle and color.

I often use the "extend skin area" tool when there is a lot of neck and chest showing. This makes easy work of blems and whispy hairs which may not be part of the face mark-up. My only suggestion on this picture is that you zap that little freckle on her throat with the touchup brush. Nice work.

(06-02-2015, 03:16 AM)johnabe Wrote: Hi Franklin. I think you, along with PS and PP, did a great job. The new version is a lot more vibrant, and her eyes have just the right amount of sparkle and color.

I often use the "extend skin area" tool when there is a lot of neck and chest showing. This makes easy work of blems and whispy hairs which may not be part of the face mark-up. My only suggestion on this picture is that you zap that little freckle on her throat with the touchup brush. Nice work.

I debated whether to take out the freckle or not, but in fact don't necessarily want people to know the photo was touched up at all Wink

It may be a thread for a different time, but I have trouble with hair editing in PP. If I use PP to change hair color and try to extend the hair coloring area I get a very muddy, unnatural effect. Got frustrated with it. Maybe I will find a youtube tutorial on that sometime.