• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saved image is more saturated?
        I was happy with my results until i saved it, it was then far too saturated? Im using Application: PortraitPro (64-bit)
Edition: Standard Edition
Version: 12.2.1.3
also the restore brush doesn't do anything?

(03-28-2015, 12:58 PM)dawnrosie Wrote: I was happy with my results until i saved it, it was then far too saturated? Im using Application: PortraitPro (64-bit)
Edition: Standard Edition
Version: 12.2.1.3
also the restore brush doesn't do anything?

Hi Dawnrosie,
I have been experiencing the same recently with version 12.2.

I have a feeling that with the new update to 12.4 it seems less of an issue - but I´m not 100% sure yet - have to do some more tests.

What I found so far:
- It seems related to the "skin coloring - correct outside face" setting. Try setting that to 0
- Try to disable the "picture controls (last section)" in total
- In my tests it only seemed to happen when I do use the "Skin lighting control", when I disable that I could not the the change in saturation

I agree that this only appears after saving (I´m using 16 Bit Tiffs) - it is not visible (at least not that strong) before in PP.
Also it typically increase the reds way to much ...

I also recommend to log a support call if the issue is still there with 12.4. I will do the same after some more tests.

Regards - MacSass

PS: I have requested the release notes for 12.4 to see if they do list this issue as fixed ...
Uh,

one more thing I just found:
It might be related to the RAW image file format - those obviously they have a hard time to decode - at least in my case I think I was not using RAW but TIFF files, still it might be good to verify that FAQ here:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=77

Regards - MacSass

Ah the same thing's happening to me! It's so frustrating. I guess I just have to turn all colour control off...

I've also noticed that the processed image also is too red.

I'm using the PhotoPro plug-in with Photoshop CC 2015. The base image is a ProPhoto RGB colorspace TIFF file.

I concur with MacSass that the culprit seems to be the skin coloring controls. They appear okay in the PortraitPro interface, but render with entirely too much red when you commit the changes. Very frustrating because going back and re-doing your edits in PortraitPro is not fun, when you've already tweaked everything!

How about give PP V15 a try! I found that it handles colour better in V15. I am using sRGB jpeg.

(09-08-2015, 03:36 AM)IronSea Wrote: I've also noticed that the processed image also is too red.

I'm using the PhotoPro plug-in with Photoshop CC 2015. The base image is a ProPhoto RGB colorspace TIFF file.

I concur with MacSass that the culprit seems to be the skin coloring controls. They appear okay in the PortraitPro interface, but render with entirely too much red when you commit the changes. Very frustrating because going back and re-doing your edits in PortraitPro is not fun, when you've already tweaked everything!

portrait pro even the new version 15 does not support prophoto RGB.  That is likely what is causing most of your problem with too much red, lower overall exposure too bright highlights, etc.  In LR you need to go to edit preferences external editiong and the color space to adobe rgb so the photo is converted to adobe on the way into portrait pro and seems to work much much better although not entirely flawless.. I find I still need to tweak once back in Lightroom

I am using LR CC and exporting images using Adobe sRGB color space. When I take an image from LR into PSCC, I am accessing PP from there. I have been using Portrait Professional v15 Studio Max to do some edits on images from PS or LR. The edits look fine in PP, but when they return to PS or LR, colors on faces have changed. My monitor is calibrated every 2 weeks so I know it is fine. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to correct it would be greatly appreciated. This seems to be happening on both raw and j-peg files. It also seems to be happening when I take a raw image and load it directly into PP, bypassing PS. The resultant image saves as a tiff but still shows a color change.

version 15.1 solves the problem.

i'm a little bit disapointed about the final saving of a picture, the result is not the same as the preview in the program
left side is the save'd result and right is thepreview from PP
why is pp saving the picture darker then the result in the program?
[Image: dateposted-public]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We need to know a little more info pls.
What os are you using?
What other app are you editing in?
Are you using jpg or raw?

Thanks
PortraitProfessional Forum