• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactivating
I'm hoping I can find someone on here that has been having the same problems as I have using Portrait Pro. Don't get me wrong, I love what this software can do, when it works! I am using version 10 for some time now but every so often it tells me I have to reactivate it. I enter the token but I'm told it has already been used. I have submitted a ticket many times for this problem and support is generally quick to help. They reactivate the software and tell me to enter my token again. It has always worked until recently. Support is telling me I have a "switching system fingerprint" which is causing all my troubles. They send me different key files that do not work. I've told them as much but I'm not getting anywhere with them. Just sent them another message asking them to fix this or give me a refund. The time and money I am losing because of this is enormous. If anyone has a solution for this I would greatly appriciate the help.

Keith Morgans

Are you changing your hardware often, like moving from a desktop to laptop, or different OS?
This causes the software to go critical due to the different footprint that was established when the software was installed.

PortraitProfessional Forum

(03-25-2015, 06:30 PM)tebogan Wrote: Are you changing your hardware often, like moving from a desktop to laptop, or different OS?
This causes the software to go critical due to the different footprint that was established when the software was installed.

I only use the software on my desktop computer. Same OS too.

I can't explain why this is happening if you are not doing any upgrades or changing system components.
As the moderator, I only moderate the board. I will however send a message to see what can be done for you.

PortraitProfessional Forum

I understand you are having problems downloading and installing the keys we have given you, so I've told support about another solution for a switching fingerprint that is easier to apply, and they will be in touch with you via the support system.

Gary