• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Images
I just purchased Portrait Pro yesterday, and have been working on some images I took this past summer. Love the program, and am still learning along the way. Here is an example of what I've done so far (see before & after examples below) .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

_
"There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams-

(01-17-2015, 10:17 PM)Gt-Photog Wrote: I just purchased Portrait Pro yesterday, and have been working on some images I took this past summer. Love the program, and am still learning along the way. Here is an example of what I've done so far (see before & after examples below) .

Love how you did the eyes and the facial toning,
PortraitProfessional Forum

Good job, Gary. You started out with a nice portrait of a pretty girl and made it better. My only suggestion would be that you lessen the brightness of her eyes; they seem a bit unnatural. Nice goin'! John

Looks great. Might want to try a touch of hair tidying as her's is a bit frizzier than I bet she likes. Just a touch of smoothing, not to the extent that it looks like liquid or plastic. Also, I used to lighten people's irises all the time, as you have. I find I backed off that practice over time as it gave people a slight animal-aspect. Smile Now I sometimes lighten irises, usually keep them as photographed, and sometimes darken them.

(01-18-2015, 01:14 AM)johnabe Wrote: Good job, Gary. You started out with a nice portrait of a pretty girl and made it better. My only suggestion would be that you lessen the brightness of her eyes; they seem a bit unnatural. Nice goin'! John

Thanks John. I've seen that now on a few of the other images that I've now done. Time to turn down the iris lighting. :-)

-Gary-
(01-21-2015, 07:03 PM)Frederi825 Wrote: Looks great. Might want to try a touch of hair tidying as her's is a bit frizzier than I bet she likes. Just a touch of smoothing, not to the extent that it looks like liquid or plastic. Also, I used to lighten people's irises all the time, as you have. I find I backed off that practice over time as it gave people a slight animal-aspect. Smile Now I sometimes lighten irises, usually keep them as photographed, and sometimes darken them.

Thank you as well Fred. Yep... I've started to darken the iris as well now. Thanks for the tip with the hair... I'll give it a try.

-Gary-

_
"There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams-

Great job! May I suggest perhaps double checking the skin mask area before saving because the after picture looks like the skin mask overlapped onto the left side of her hair near the left eye.
It's also worth doing the same for the hair mask area to make sure they are only covering the appropriate area.