• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinning wheel when moving pins in V12 for Mac
Hi,
I have been using PP 11 for a year and I'm loving it. I just upgraded to PortraitPro Studio Max V12 for 64 bit Mac, which should be even better, but right now I'm having an issue.
When I reposition the paths pins, the program freezes for 4 to 8 seconds at each move. This is so bad that it makes the program almost unusable, since eyes contours are often unnatural straight from auto detection.
I'm wondering if this is due to a program configuration. I'm using a late Macbook Pro, so hardware should not be an issue. I also never had this issue with V11.
Has anyone have had this problem and found a fix for it?
I had passed over a thread that mentions the exact same problem.
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/Foru...p?tid=3709

I gather from it that in V12 we can no longer have a quick preview, but need to go back to the adjust paths mode to achieve the task quickly but blindly, then move forward to preview mode to see the changes.

I far preferred the way V11 worked in this regard, and wish that future updates will bring back the convenience.

(04-20-2014, 02:08 PM)alpshiker Wrote: Hi,
I have been using PP 11 for a year and I'm loving it. I just upgraded to PortraitPro Studio Max V12 for 64 bit Mac, which should be even better, but right now I'm having an issue.
When I reposition the paths pins, the program freezes for 4 to 8 seconds at each move. This is so bad that it makes the program almost unusable, since eyes contours are often unnatural straight from auto detection.
I'm wondering if this is due to a program configuration. I'm using a late Macbook Pro, so hardware should not be an issue. I also never had this issue with V11.
Has anyone have had this problem and found a fix for it?
I had passed over a thread that mentions the exact same problem.
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/Foru...p?tid=3709

I gather from it that in V12 we can no longer havekeep uick preview, but need to go back to the adjust paths mode to achieve the task quickly but blindly, then move forward to preview mode to see the changes.

I far preferred the way V11 worked in this regard, and wish that future updates will bring back the convenience.

I suggest you enter a trouble ticket. Also keep the forum updated.

PortraitProfessional Forum

When you are first presented with all the "pins" on a screen with the "before" and "after" images, what I do is go to the very top of the vertical, narrow "control panel" (?) and select the "Back" button. This takes you to just the "before" image and looks like v. 11 (at least my recollection of it). The processing speed when moving pins will be GREATLY improved when you do this because the program does not have to render the "after" image after every move of every pin.

Hope I properly understood the problem and that this solution helps!

I have this same annoying problem, and the "Back Button" fixed it!! Thanks!