• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightroom Plugin
Hiya.... new user. Fantastic results so far. My question is: Can you use PP with as a plugin from within Lightroom? I know you can in Photoshop. Just asking before I upgrade to studio max version. And the fact that I only shoot RAW.
Thanks

To open RAW files with and to have the function to use Portrait Pro as a plug-in for Lightroom/Photo/Aperture you will need either a Studio or Studio Max edition.

The main difference between Studio and Studio Max is their batch mode. Studio Max have an Automatic Batch Mode which applies preset enhancements to all of the images automatically whereas the Studio batch mode only queues up the images and the enhancements have to be applied to each image manually.

(08-12-2014, 05:37 PM)AngAT Wrote: To open RAW files with and to have the function to use Portrait Pro as a plug-in for Lightroom/Photo/Aperture you will need either a Studio or Studio Max edition.

The main difference between Studio and Studio Max is their batch mode. Studio Max have an Automatic Batch Mode which applies preset enhancements to all of the images automatically whereas the Studio batch mode only queues up the images and the enhancements have to be applied to each image manually.

I own PP Studio and when I edit an image that I exported from Lightroom, I have to save it in my computer and then imported back to lightroom, yes, its a pain, how can I avoid that? I just want edit and be able to return to lightroom just like I do with photoshop and find my image there next to the original image.

Thanks

Can you open the stand-alone program of Portrait Pro > File > Settings > make sure the Auto plug-in mode is ticked.

(02-24-2015, 11:33 PM)sgtbueno Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 05:37 PM)AngAT Wrote: To open RAW files with and to have the function to use Portrait Pro as a plug-in for Lightroom/Photo/Aperture you will need either a Studio or Studio Max edition.

I own PP Studio and when I edit an image that I exported from Lightroom, I have to save it in my computer and then imported back to lightroom, yes, its a pain, how can I avoid that? I just want edit and be able to return to lightroom just like I do with photoshop and find my image there next to the original image.

Thanks

Although I could not find a way to make PPS a plugin for Lightroom, I did find a way to make PPS an external editor. In Lightroom....Edit: Preferences: Additional External editor: Choose: (find the application) "Portraitprostudio.exe" You can then choose to edit in PPS by right clicking on a picture and choosing "edit in..." After finishing in PPS, you can return to Lightroom.