• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many computers?
Cool 
My wife and I are both amateur photographers at best. We just bought a copy of Lightroom 5 and are thinking about incorporating Portrait Pro Studio into our editing learning experience. Its all new to us, so we may as well learn them both together.

Will I be able to install one purchase on both mine and my wife's computer? Lightroom lets us do this. Will this software allow this also?

(06-01-2014, 04:51 PM)1361 Wrote: My wife and I are both amateur photographers at best. We just bought a copy of Lightroom 5 and are thinking about incorporating Portrait Pro Studio into our editing learning experience. Its all new to us, so we may as well learn them both together.

Will I be able to install one purchase on both mine and my wife's computer? Lightroom lets us do this. Will this software allow this also?

The license for the product is for one machine only. If you enter a support ticket at:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit

Someone will be able to assist in further answering your question.
PortraitProfessional Forum

I cannot submit a ticket. I tried logging in with my forum user name and password but it doesn't work. I assume because I have not purchased yet. We will need the "Portrait Pro Studio" because we both use the raw format when we shoot. It would be hard to justify having to buy two licenses for us both to use this.

(06-03-2014, 04:36 AM)1361 Wrote: I cannot submit a ticket. I tried logging in with my forum user name and password but it doesn't work. I assume because I have not purchased yet. We will need the "Portrait Pro Studio" because we both use the raw format when we shoot. It would be hard to justify having to buy two licenses for us both to use this.

Follow this link to register for the support ticket:

PortraitProfessional Forum

1361, if you still can't register a ticket, please do go ahead and buy the license and then raise a ticket. The support desk should be able to help you.

Yeh you are rit
Regards
inljeya

(06-02-2014, 12:26 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(06-01-2014, 04:51 PM)1361 Wrote: My wife and I are both amateur photographers at best. We just bought a copy of Lightroom 5 and are thinking about incorporating Portrait Pro Studio into our editing learning experience. Its all new to us, so we may as well learn them both together.

The license for the product is for one machine only. If you enter a support ticket at:

Someone will be able to assist in further answering your question.

As this is over two years old, I am hoping it is more in keeping with current practices.

As I am sure you know, most higher end photo editing packages/plug-ins, Capture 1 Pro, DxO Optics Pro, On1, etc, allow three computers on the license.   Even Adobe does two and has for years.

Please tell me this "one computer" policy has been updated!

I could find no license information anywhere on the website which is a bit strange in itself.   How do you buy a piece of software and only know license after purchase?   Or did I miss it somewhere?

Roar, please raise a ticket! You will be delighted to know what they can do for you!

A partner did -  it hasn't changed much.

The answer received (twice!): "we often allow two activations with a single license as long as it is for personal use."

Not we allow, but often allow  which is a sort-of rule that is subject to something.
The personal use leads me to believe their target market is amateurs, not professionals.
I am not sure if there are many wanting to buy Studio Max with its batch function "for personal use" as it seems more like a Pro function.
Also Studio Max is not available to trial to see how the batch function works.

Thought it might speed the process in my workflow, but not if I need multiple licenses to do it....even Adobe, that gives little away that doesn't help Adobe, understands professionals need two!

Disappointing.....

I have purchased V15 and have it on my main computer, but occasionally take overnight/weekend trips with my laptop, so a 'backup' license would seem reasonable - permission to have the program on one other device.