• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This token business has been quite confusing
Hello all:

This token scenario is quite confusing - at least for me, that is. And I know it's me. I just upgraded from version 10 to the current version 12 (Standard). They gave me an upgraded token.

When I installed version 12 (just a few minutes ago), the registration window comes up and it asks me to type in my token - which I did (the token given to me at the time of purchase).

But every time I do this, it tells me that it's the wrong token. I love Portrait Professional, but it has (to me) one of the worse and inconvenient ways of registering a piece of software that I've seen. Why they just don't provide a registration number, I don't know.

Can anybody help here as to what I'm doing wrong. Nothing I seem to do helps in getting my newly purchased software activated.

Thanks,

Ben Herrmann

(05-06-2014, 12:49 AM)benherrmann Wrote: Hello all:

This token scenario is quite confusing - at least for me, that is. And I know it's me. I just upgraded from version 10 to the current version 12 (Standard). They gave me an upgraded token.

When I installed version 12 (just a few minutes ago), the registration window comes up and it asks me to type in my token - which I did (the token given to me at the time of purchase).

But every time I do this, it tells me that it's the wrong token. I love Portrait Professional, but it has (to me) one of the worse and inconvenient ways of registering a piece of software that I've seen. Why they just don't provide a registration number, I don't know.

Can anybody help here as to what I'm doing wrong. Nothing I seem to do helps in getting my newly purchased software activated.

Thanks,

Ben Herrmann

Ben,

Enter a trouble ticket at:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit

Someone on the help desk will be able to assist.

PortraitProfessional Forum

I agree that the token process is a joke. The software is excellent but I cringe when I upgrade my system. I usually upgrade my computer every couple of years and have been fighting with this program each time. I would think if they have programmers that have the skill to make the software they could replicate the authentication process that others use so you don't need to fill out a support ticket to upgrade. I also wish they would figure out a pricing option for 2 computers and understand most photographers use a desktop and a laptop. Buying two versions of the product is just not worth the few times I use it on my laptop but I would still like to use it on my laptop when needed. Plus I can't imaging the confusion of trying to deal with these guys when I have to upgrade two different versions of the software. I guess they know what they are doing because I keep buying it, but my patience is wearing thin with this issue.

I agree with all of the above ... apparently it's not just me that ran into this brick wall.  Your web site was VERY fast to take my credit card number and money, but then you throw out this nonsense of some token number I'm supposed to find somewhere.  Why can't you search for your own token numbers and software on the hard drive and give me my upgrade without making your users jump thru hoops to get it?? 

I have version 10 and it stopped saving my work for me.  I thot maybe it was because I had a recent OS update on an older computer, so I figured I'd upgrade your software ... but now I find my money is gone, but I'm NOT being allowed to download the product because you have some bassakwards method of tokens and other nonsense. 

It's asking for an "original token number" that I can't find.  But your email only gave me some "upgrade token number."  This is insane!

DON'T FRUSTRATE YOUR BUYERS LIKE THIS!  WE CAN TAKE OUR DOLLARS ELSEWHERE!

And you don't even have a support line to fix problems ASAP.  We have to submit a work ticket and then HOPE you'll get back to us in a couple of days!??

I have work to finish NOW!  If you are going to make your PAYING CLIENTS jump thru hoops like this to upgrade ... then have support staff available for help 24/7 to fix it.  Don't take my money, then NOT give me what I paid for!!

ARGGH!  I can't tell you have infuriating it is to have a company take my money in 5 minutes, then make me wait for a answer when they get around to fixing the problem!!!!!!!

i got trial version of portrait 17, i purchased portrait pro standard edtion and studio max but when i want to download it was asking me the previous version of token. i dont have previous one beacuse it is my first time to purchased this software. i message the anthropics support but until now i never recieve any reply from them. it keeps on asking me the previous version of software which is i dont have.. that is why this software i purchased was still unactivated
can help me regarding this matter, hope to have a reply from you soon. very troublesome to have this software.

Thank you..
Froilan

This exact same thing just happened to me! I am so upset and have received zero response from support. I have never received an "original token" and it won't let me download it without it. Beyond upset and have no clue what I'm supposed to do now!

(04-03-2019, 09:17 PM)EmilyBrock Wrote: This exact same thing just happened to me! I am so upset and have received zero response from support. I have never mcdvoice received an "original token" and it won't let me download it without it. Beyond upset and have no clue what I'm supposed to do now!

yes i do agree that was happening to me also. I tried to show my concern to support team but got no response.

I would think if they have programmers that have the skill to make the software they could replicate the authentication process that others use so you don't need to fill out a support 9apps ticket to upgrade. I also wish they would figure out a pricing option for 2 computers and understand most photographers use a desktop and a laptop. Buying two versions of the product is just not worth the few times I use it on my laptop but I would still like to use it on my laptop when needed.

Having similar issues (March 20, 2020) with an older version of PP.  All of a sudden out of the blue, Photoshop is asking for a token. This is what I'm getting when I enter the token:

I obligingly enter my original purchase token and all it tells me is that the token has already been used and still does not let me use PortraitPro. This is about the 3trd time this happens to me through the years. I love PP but being put in the time-out chair while support makes up their minds is very annoying.

Some upgrading events (other apps) around the same time..... 
  1. I "refreshed" BIOS to the newest version
  2. Automatically updated Photoshop (v 21.1.1; Creative Cloud)
  3. Windows 10 performed an automatic update.

Not sure if this is an Anthropics/PP issue or a Photoshop issue. Adobe is notorious for releasing new versions of their apps (example: Photoshop) with paralyzing bugs. Flipping back to the previous version of PS did not help.

(03-22-2020, 03:53 PM)paul@geauxmedia.com Wrote: Having similar issues (March 20, 2020) with an older version of PP.  All of a sudden out of the blue, Photoshop is asking for a token. This is what I'm getting when I enter the token:

I obligingly enter my original purchase token and all it tells me is that the token has already been used and still does not let me use PortraitPro. This is about the 3trd time this happens to me through the years. I love PP but being put in the time-out chair while support makes up their minds is very annoying.

Some upgrading events (other apps) around the same time..... 
  1. I "refreshed" BIOS to the newest version
  2. Automatically updated Photoshop (v 21.1.1; Creative Cloud)
  3. Windows 10 performed an automatic update.

Not sure if this is an Anthropics/PP issue or a Photoshop issue. Adobe is notorious for releasing new versions of their apps (example: Photoshop) with paralyzing bugs. Flipping back to the previous version of PS did not help.

You stated that you upgraded some components in your system. This may have caused token to be altered. As the tokens are one time use, go to the email that was sent when you purchased, then follow the link. If this doesn't work, then please enter a support ticket.
I am a moderator, not affiliated with Anthropics so I can not answer business questions.
PortraitProfessional Forum