• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first use of PP12
i got PP12 a short time ago and tried it on a candid portrait i did.

the woman on the photo could barely believe the results and i think this is a program that will wow lots of people in photography for the ease of using it and the quality results.

i would like an honest critique about this image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gellidius

Hi Gellidius,

I think you adjust the face sculpt very well. However, here are my honest opinion:

1. I think you didn't set the outline for the eyes and mouth properly. Hence, they seem to give that look which didn't look very defined, ie, sharp, or "spill over" effect; see the white line on her right eye just below the eyelid.
2. The retouch brush you use is a little on the strong side and probably too big, try to use a strength of 15-25. Otherwise, they produce the blurry effect on her lower teeth
3. When you use the retouch brush, make sure you also "cut back" on areas where they should be not done, eg, her nostrils seem to "disappear"
4. For teeth, try using whiten or brighten so that the teeth outlines are maintained.

I hope you are not discouraged. Try next time with an image where exposure, lighting and sharpness are better.

(04-09-2014, 07:11 AM)williamting Wrote: Hi Gellidius,

I think you adjust the face sculpt very well. However, here are my honest opinion:

1. I think you didn't set the outline for the eyes and mouth properly. Hence, they seem to give that look which didn't look very defined, ie, sharp, or "spill over" effect; see the white line on her right eye just below the eyelid.
2. The retouch brush you use is a little on the strong side and probably too big, try to use a strength of 15-25. Otherwise, they produce the blurry effect on her lower teeth
3. When you use the retouch brush, make sure you also "cut back" on areas where they should be not done, eg, her nostrils seem to "disappear"
4. For teeth, try using whiten or brighten so that the teeth outlines are maintained.

I hope you are not discouraged. Try next time with an image where exposure, lighting and sharpness are better.

Thanks a lot for your critique Williamting; it makes me realize that i sure need practice with this program; with so little of it, the results are striking and i will be looking for new portraits to adjust in a better way than this one.

anyone else?

Gellidius

hi all,
i selected another file, about 30 years old and in a not-so-good condition, and passed it through PP12.

to me, the result is a wonder, but what will you people say about it?
i expect some good critique again so i can get better at this.

thanks !    
Gellidius

Yes... you did it! Just a little comment, applicable only if you want a big print: You notice that just in front of his left ear and on his left neck line, there are white patches. These are caused by "imperfect" skin detection or you have brushed over the area a few too many times. Use the cut back brush (shortcut R) to repair it if you have overdone retouching.

thanks williamting. :-)
Gellidius