• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance issue in point adjustments
All,

Is anyone else seeing a slight degradation (compared to V11) when adjusting the facial points in the side by side (before and after) panel? In V11 it was (and still is) instantaneous, in V12, no matter how I get to that side by side panel, I am seeing a slight delay (represented by the round B&W target symbol). I'm also seeing some delays when attempting to move the image around at times. Thoughts anyone? In V11 we were first presented with a solo screen to make adjustments to the "found" face before seeing the side by side panel. I can't seem to get to the single face adjustment panel.. regardless, in V11 even after that panel the side by side refinement were instant.. not the case in V12..

Jay S.

Jay_s, I have just upgraded to V12.

I didn't notice what you have seen. Perhaps it is because my workstation is very fast!

However, make sure that your system drive has enough space. I realised that my computer was slow yesterday due to low and fragmented disk space. Now, I am back to speed.

William..

I'm on an 8 core Mac Pro with 24 GB of RAM and tons of free space on the root drive (almost 600 GB out of 1TB). There is none of this happening in V11 on my machine. We're not talking huge slow down, but in V11, after making a point adjustment to a facial feature, I was instantly able to go to the next point, now I'm seeing perhaps 1/2 to a second delay with the target symbol.. As I said, I have both V11 and V12 on the system and am not seeing on V11. I'm running 10.8.5 OS X. I may try a reinstall.. make sure I get my tokens first .. :-)

So when you make some adjustment to the face, you as seeing nothing at all before the next point is available to adjust? On that side by side panel, the rendering is real time, and am wondering if there was any change to the rendering algorithms.

Jay S.

(04-01-2014, 12:27 AM)williamting Wrote: Jay_s, I have just upgraded to V12.

I didn't notice what you have seen. Perhaps it is because my workstation is very fast!

However, make sure that your system drive has enough space. I realised that my computer was slow yesterday due to low and fragmented disk space. Now, I am back to speed.

Jay_s,

After reading what you have said, and specifically go through your process of comparing both version, I now realised that I have exactly the same issue as yourself.

William..

Good to know I'm not crazy. :-) I reported to support. Waiting for a reply.. Perhaps you should as well?

Jay S.

(04-01-2014, 02:54 AM)williamting Wrote: Jay_s,

After reading what you have said, and specifically go through your process of comparing both version, I now realised that I have exactly the same issue as yourself.

Jay S, Yes, I have reported too!

Let me know what you hear and I will do likewise. I see there is a way to add an attachment. I could so a screen capture video session.

(04-01-2014, 04:47 AM)williamting Wrote: Jay S, Yes, I have reported too!