• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Problem
I purchased an upgrade of PP Studio 12 from the studio 64 version of PP 11 and the "original" token for PP 11 that I enter to download V12 gets rejected as not a valid version upgrade. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've opened a support ticket and received one response telling me to pay more money for the Studio Max version. I don't want the Max version as I don't want or need the batch capabilities. I only want the Studio version. I've replied twice expressing this in the support ticket and have not received any additional reply.

This a terrible display of customer support. I've called the 800 number as well and have not received a response. I'm still waiting to be able to download and use this product. I've been a happy user of PP since version 8 in 2008 but this treatment is not good at all.

I hope others are not receiving similarly poor customer service.

(03-19-2014, 03:36 AM)Sidnancee Wrote: I purchased an upgrade of PP Studio 12 from the studio 64 version of PP 11 and the "original" token for PP 11 that I enter to download V12 gets rejected as not a valid version upgrade. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've opened a support ticket and received one response telling me to pay more money for the Studio Max version. I don't want the Max version as I don't want or need the batch capabilities. I only want the Studio version. I've replied twice expressing this in the support ticket and have not received any additional reply.

This a terrible display of customer support. I've called the 800 number as well and have not received a response. I'm still waiting to be able to download and use this product. I've been a happy user of PP since version 8 in 2008 but this treatment is not good at all.

I'm having the exact same problem. I have Version 11 Studio 64. I bought the token I was supposed to buy, or so I thought, to Version 12 Studio. After an hour of fussing with it, it seems they only want me to upgrade to Studio Max, which I do not need, since batch editing is not a feature I need and the price is very high.

So I now paid for a token, which I guess I'm supposed to enter in return for another license code based on the previous token etc. etc. And it now doesn't work.

I am really frustrated and irritated with this. I've been a loyal customer for many different versions and this process is dreadful.

Would I be better off just buying V12 Studio Edition outright, skipping the upgrade process with its endless tokens and license codes?

(03-19-2014, 03:36 AM)Sidnancee Wrote: I purchased an upgrade of PP Studio 12 from the studio 64 version of PP 11 and the "original" token for PP 11 that I enter to download V12 gets rejected as not a valid version upgrade. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am happy to report that "Catt" of the support team here was very helpful and prompt in resolving my issue. I now have a working version of Studio which is working fine.

Odd that I have never had a problem with the software itself, but have regular problems each time I try to upgrade to the latest version. I think the upgrade process must have been handed off to a junior coder.

Anyway, my issue is resolved and I'm happy.
-wick