• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Color rendering of whole photo changes using PP12
I bought PP12 and would like to give my compliments for the new lighting feature. Also the skin and hair selection tools seems to have improved a bit.

The one thing that surprises me is that when I want to edit the faces, PP12 affects the color rendering and contrast of the whole photo. Usually a bit darker and more saturated. I noticed this in PP11, however now it seems to be more pronounced.

I use photoshop for giving the photo itself a specific look, and want to use the PP12 plugin only to edit the faces. Is there a default setting I need to change in order to have the colors/lighting of the photo in general remain unchanged?

Thanks

Hi Eseavey, glad to hear you are enjoying the new version 12. In regards to the color rendering of the image, could you check under the Skin Color Controls that the Color Outside the Face slider is set to 0?

(03-26-2014, 05:31 PM)AngAT Wrote: Hi Eseavey, glad to hear you are enjoying the new version 12. In regards to the color rendering of the image, could you check under the Skin Color Controls that the Color Outside the Face slider is set to 0?

Thanks for your response, it was a good suggestion. However, the Color Outside the Face slider is set to 0, and still the whole photo is being rendered differently. I am wondering if it is just the way PP12 is rendering the photos. I hope not though...

I finally found the setting, hidden under [Picture Controls] -> [Smart Contrast] -> and then a sub selection there called [Color Preserving Contrast], which was set to 20 by default. Changing that to 0 solved my problem.