• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosting around head
(08-11-2015, 09:42 PM)drew3555 Wrote: I found the solution in another thread! Thanks!
-----------------------------------

AngAT  Offline
Administrator

Threads: 0
#2 03-05-2015, 01:05 PM
The halo you are seeing around the head of the subject is caused by the Hair mask spilling over to the background.

To correct this open Hair Control > View/Edit mask area > set a solid color to make it easier to see the mask > Use the Cut back brush to remove the hair mask from the background and any other area outside the hair.

Thanks for informing others of your findings. This makes the forums, the sharing of information.
Cool
PortraitProfessional Forum

Hi all,

No it´s not enough. The sliders "cheekbones" and "cheekcolour" also produces these shadows!

Btw. how can I upload an image to show you?

update1:

HAHA, I realized they released V15!!! I guess the update will solve my problem!

update2:

The slider "cheekbones" still produces a shadow outside the face!!! TRy to set it to 100 to better see the effect.

update3:

Aaaaaand here we go, nothing changed as son as I try to enable "skin lighting controls" I get shadows on the image, even if ALL sliders are turned to ZERO!
I tried on several machines with different photos. White Background, grey background and I can reproduce it!

Can´t believe that this bugs still exists!!! And yes I opened a support Ticket.
Can anybody confirm?

Yes, as bablino has stated, this also still exists for me, I would suggest altering the algorithm to require the user to extend retouch brushes manually rather than a preset area, which I believe is the core issue here. I love the product and keep coming back to using it regardless of trying others, such as Delicious Skin or Portraiture ps extensions, nothing is as easy to use as PP, please address this issue quickly as it has existed across many releases at this point.

One suggestion, for instance when using the Delicious Skin extensions, the user is required to place an outline box around the face to tell the application "where" the face is, there are no halos using that app, it just does not do anywhere near as good a job at smoothing or eye coloring or teeth whitening as Portrait Professional does, which is why we keep coming back to it. Please resolve this for us Smile