• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about feathering mask area
Hi,
I'm just getting used to PP 11 and I noticed so far that the transitions around the lips, eyes, and nostrils are a bit abrupt. You can tell where the skin was smoothed and where it wasn't, the line is clear.

Is there a way to feather the edge of the mask more?

I tried "refine edge" and it keeps getting rid of areas that I want to keep.

I have not encountered the issue you face. Did you set the fade to something very high?

I use brush strength (Touch up/Restore Brush) to control the "hardness" of the brush. Often I set them to something below 20 (usually between 10-15).

(10-20-2013, 06:45 AM)williamting Wrote: I have not encountered the issue you face. Did you set the fade to something very high?

I use brush strength (Touch up/Restore Brush) to control the "hardness" of the brush. Often I set them to something below 20 (usually between 10-15).

Well...I don't know. What's "fade"? That could be my issue since I don't know what it is.

Also, on the brush, there are two controls, which controls the "hardness"?

(10-20-2013, 06:50 AM)rpavich Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 06:45 AM)williamting Wrote: I have not encountered the issue you face. Did you set the fade to something very high?

Well...I don't know. What's "fade"? That could be my issue since I don't know what it is.

Also, on the brush, there are two controls, which controls the "hardness"?

I don't know why I didn't see this; the "refine edge" command is what I was looking for....I kept pushing the "recalculate edge" command.

Thanks for the help.