• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portrait Professional 9 Colour Managed
Gary Wrote:I've been discussing this with Joan in a support ticket she opened about this a few days ago. Since then we have spent many hours trying to reproduce the yellow color problem, but we have still not been able to see anything go wrong. Joan then reported that the color problem is fixed by turning on color management in Portrait Professional before running it as a plug-in from Photoshop. However I have spent a long time going through the color management code, and can't see how that can have any effect. If I knew what combination of color management settings of Photoshop and Portrait Professional Studio are needed in order to make the problem happen, then I will be able to fix it.

For Skids, we have now fixed the problem with Portrait Professional Studio entering "plugin mode" when using "open with" from Windows. The fix will be in the next free update of version 9, which is in testing now and will be released in a day or two.

Gary

In regard to this problem, I sent a support ticket on June 8 and to date (July 10) have not had any success in this problem being resolved.  On June 17, I created two files from the same picture.  The only difference was that one had been touched up by opening and closing after touching up each face and on the other one, I touched up all faces before closing.  There was a noticeable difference on the two photos when I sent them to a professional printer for printing.  I sent the two files to Anthropics and am now being told that they need my monitor profile in order to solve the problem. Obviously, this isn't a monitor problem since the two files printed differently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portrait Professional 9 Colour Managed - joan - 07-11-2009, 05:25 AM