• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo around the finished picture
Does any one else get left with a halo ( dark shadow circle) around the finished picture.

Am i doing something wrong.

(07-05-2012, 10:53 PM)paul mcgrath Wrote: Does any one else get left with a halo ( dark shadow circle) around the finished picture.

would help if you could attach a pic to show what you mean and the adjustments made as well.

(07-05-2012, 10:53 PM)paul mcgrath Wrote: Does any one else get left with a halo ( dark shadow circle) around the finished picture.

I have the same problem.

Reason for it might be the hair masking, check how much extra space there is around the hair.

Try adjusting the size of the brush or ...

When you use the touch up brush, try to avoid moving the brush between the hair and the skin, or a dark background and the skin. Confine the brush to the dark area or the brighter area only. However, if those darker circle do appear, just use the cut back brush to clean it up.

Hope the above helps.

I am having the same problem also. I have narrowed it down to just a hair tydying issue, and seems to show up most when there is a darker background, and less contrast between the background and the hair. Is there any way to stop this from happening first, rather than erasing it after I see it? ( I have looked at the masked hair area, and it is affecting areas outside of the colored area.)

Just make sure that the touch up brush doesn't move over the dark/light boundary, ie, half of the brush is on the dark side and the other half is on the lighter side.

Alternatively, use a smaller brush.

It also helps if you move your brush from lighter side to the darker side but this is not always practical.

If halo still appears, you may have no choice but to use the cut back brush. I use this method all the time.

(08-12-2012, 05:32 PM)williamting Wrote: Just make sure that the touch up brush doesn't move over the dark/light boundary, ie, half of the brush is on the dark side and the other half is on the lighter side.

It also helps if you move your brush from lighter side to the darker side but this is not always practical.

If halo still appears, you may have no choice but to use the cut back brush. I use this method all the time.

I just left a message in what appears to be an older thread on this subject. I'm a new user of PP 10 Studio and I'm seeing this same halo. I checked the hair and could see that there was a very faint selection extending into a separately lit white background and then even slightly further out there was an even fainter halo which I couldn't eliminate using the hair selection tool to reduce the size of the mask.

Obviously I'm not the only one with the problem so I'll just watch and see what the answer is. I'm removing the halo with a 5% magic wand selection, feathering and deleting. Not difficult, but an extra step that I don't need to do in an otherwise excellent result.

Clark
(08-27-2012, 06:38 PM)Linehan Photography Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 05:32 PM)williamting Wrote: Just make sure that the touch up brush doesn't move over the dark/light boundary, ie, half of the brush is on the dark side and the other half is on the lighter side.

I just left a message in what appears to be an older thread on this subject. I'm a new user of PP 10 Studio and I'm seeing this same halo. I checked the hair and could see that there was a very faint selection extending into a separately lit white background and then even slightly further out there was an even fainter halo which I couldn't eliminate using the hair selection tool to reduce the size of the mask.

Obviously I'm not the only one with the problem so I'll just watch and see what the answer is. I'm removing the halo with a 5% magic wand selection, feathering and deleting. Not difficult, but an extra step that I don't need to do in an otherwise excellent result.

Clark

I'm also seeing a similar, very slight extension into the shirt collar what I have to go in and use the selection removal tool to eliminate.

Clark, I am hoping that V11 can handle this issue better. There is a "Shading Bleed" setting ("Skin Control" below "Tan" setting) and I wonder whether you have also tried to adjust that. Perhaps it helps a little.

You should try hard to upload the image. You have me curious as to what halo affect you are seeing.