• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Would you find body sculpting useful?
This poll is closed.
Yes: I would find it useful
96.05%
559 96.05%
No: There are other things I would rather you did
3.95%
23 3.95%
Total 582 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we add body sculpting to Portrait Professional?
Sorry to be so tardy in responding... I would like to see that feature in future versions. It might look like the mesh warp in PhotoShop or Corel PhotoPaint, but better!

YES, YES, YESSSSS!!!! PLEASE DO! I think body sculpting actually s h o u l d be included in the Professional version. When will it be implemented, if ever? I am going to buy the Pro, but should I wait if it´s just around the corner..?

Best regards from Norway Smile

admin Wrote:One feature we have been mulling over adding to a future version (v10 or later) of Portrait Professional is body sculpting.  Body sculpting would work in a similar way to our face sculpting.  You would have to mark out key points on the body, then you would get interactive sliders to change the body shape; longer legs, thinner waist, bigger/higher boobs etc.  If we got it working well, it should be a lot faster and less difficult than trying to do it using liquify.   Out of our current users we would be very interested in hearing if you thought this would be a useful feature or whether you would rather we spent our time on other things.

Hi Gine,

Body Sculpting is very likely to make it into the next version, however the next version is a long time off. We haven't even started writing it yet!

Tony

admin Wrote:One feature we have been mulling over adding to a future version (v10 or later) of Portrait Professional is body sculpting.  Body sculpting would work in a similar way to our face sculpting.  You would have to mark out key points on the body, then you would get interactive sliders to change the body shape; longer legs, thinner waist, bigger/higher boobs etc.  If we got it working well, it should be a lot faster and less difficult than trying to do it using liquify.   Out of our current users we would be very interested in hearing if you thought this would be a useful feature or whether you would rather we spent our time on other things.

Absolutely! It would be very useful and no one else does this. Of course, be sure to let us work with profiles or angles between full front and profile which understandably is a lot more difficult.

One thing I noticed this morning when working on a portrait was how wrinkled an older lady neck looked compared to her face. When I used the touch up brush it made it all blurry and it didn't look very good. I tried it again with 25 strength and it still didn't look right, too blurry.
It'd be nice to have more options included in the touch up brush like geared specifically towards wrinkles or freckles where ever they are on the body. Make the skin look more real.

I think body sculpting is a great idea. Hopefully you will have a better skin makeover brush for different areas of the body to improve the skin texture and take out wrinkles, freckles and etcetera without it looking too blurry or fake. And of course, adding details like an 8 pack or even a six-pack stomach muscles would be great too. Have more clearer definition of muscles on men as well as women. Add a nice tan to body areas.

I also think it would be great if you could make body sculpting work without having to have a face in the photo.
I tried to work on a faceless body this morning and couldn't find a way to get past having to choose points on the face to get to just touching up the skin.
If there is a way in trial version to just work on skin please let me know. Or, if it's in one of the other verions, as I would be more likely to buy it.
I do have in File Settings the box checked that says Show "Skip to Fnal Step" Button. but I don't see the button anywhere in trial version 9. Does it just work in the paid for versions?
Would that be a way around having to pick face points in just a picture of a body?

If you enable skip to final step button it appears after the main points have been set. It works the same in the trial as it does in the full version. It is an optional feature because we found it confused a lot of people.

Tony

Body sculpting would be a godsend. I've sweated over Photoshop for hours trying to get this just right. Please include in in version 10!

I vote YES, would love to see the feature in V10!!

I would love it... I rather spend my time making photographs.. then process in LR3 en when necessary PP9.. No PS if possible...