• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between studio/studio 64 - limit on image size question!
(01-14-2013, 04:07 AM)williamting Wrote: I believe there is no quick answer to the above question on xxxx size, where xxxx could be measured in image file size in bytes or number of pixels of the image sensor. Being a software developer before, I will never answer such a question because of the number of variables involved. Answering such a question will invite lots of legal issues and will invite lots of unnecessary demands. So, don't expect developer to commit to this question.

However, having said the above, I can tell you that I am working on 50 Mbytes raw files from my Hasselblad without issue on my V11 Studio 32-bit version.

Try out the software before buying. If it doesn't work for you or meet your expectation, just don't buy!

At least an answer with a real life file size, finally. Now if someone will post a file size, image size in pixels, etc. that causes the software to choke and we can figure the answer being avoided is somewhere in between.

(06-14-2013, 06:58 PM)drdeputy Wrote: At least an answer with a real life file size, finally. Now if someone will post a file size, image size in pixels, etc. that causes the software to choke and we can figure the answer being avoided is somewhere in between.

I was using 32-bits version for a very long time. In the early days, the software did crash due to insufficient memory. Later, in the newer PP versions, I never experience any crash. However, it seems that this 64-bit version is faster. Unfortunately, I didn't run any benchmark test as I am no good in such a thing.

The main reason for my upgrade is the promise of being faster. All I know now is that I get instant respond in every click. So, before you take my word for it, go and download it and try it out if you have Windows 64.

Anyone like to run some benchmark so that the result can be quantified?